Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Jean
  • 4 Post By GeorgiaPeach
  • 2 Post By MW

Thread: Casualties beyond the border

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Administrator Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    65,300

    Casualties beyond the border

    By Ken Allard - - Sunday, August 26, 2018
    ANALYSIS/OPINION:

    The same country that expects its all-volunteer soldiers to serve multiple tours in combat hell-holes also assumes that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and other federal agents will put themselves in harm’s way to protect our borders.

    We voted for Donald Trump and the wall but idly wonder why those porous borders are suddenly overrun with refugees from Mexico to Bangladesh (150 of the latter arrested last week in Laredo). So we are shocked when Mollie Tibbets suddenly turns up dead in Iowa, far from the embattled border. And perhaps troubled because her story was eerily similar to the alien slaying of Kate Steinle, a steadily growing casualty list the only memorial for their grieving families.

    Here’s why: Our current border is so porous that it invites daily intrusion by Mexican cartels and other trans-national criminal organizations. These cabals earn big bucks by moving drugs, weapons, various kinds of human cargo, counterfeit goods and (probably) terrorists among us.

    Our internal security infrastructure is aptly described by President Trump as a disgrace, routinely overlooking malefactors who evade border controls or simply over-stay their visas. The only governing authorities over this hit-or-miss legal and regulatory hodgepodge are federal judges who care little about security on the border or anywhere else.

    But there is little mystery that our governing classes on Capitol Hill deserve the lion’s share of the blame, Republicans and Democrats alike. A problem this bad and one that has endured for decades can persist only as an equal-opportunity, bipartisan, bicameral disaster.

    The only real uncertainty: Will this legislative inattention endure until a WMD is detonated some weekend in a crowded shopping mall? To be scrupulously fair, we should begin by asking ourselves those probing questions since we elect those representatives in the first place.

    Another obvious culprit is the press, routinely soft-peddling information about the cartels, even though they extend from Mexico into virtually every American neighborhood. The threat is usually minimized here in Texas, where most of the population has family ties on both sides of the 1,200-mile border shared by the Lone Star state with Mexico. Our local ABC affiliate, for example, is owned by the Graham Group, parent company of The Washington Post.

    During a recent “special border series,” the station focused mostly on the humanitarian issues facing “undocumented immigrants” (not illegal aliens). The series anchor faithfully presented the prevailing politically correct verities:

    • The Texas side of the Mexican border is safe (even if troubled by the regular discovery of drugs, safe houses and dead bodies);

    • Those unfortunate immigrants are forced to endure a life-threatening gauntlet of hazards (including triple-digit heat and rattlesnakes) due to Washington’s prevailing gridlock; and

    • Mr. Trump’s emphasis on building the wall is misplaced nativism at best; and at worst just thinly disguised prejudice. Or even racism: Can’t we just all get along?

    Even with open borders, Professor Jeffrey Addicott of St. Mary’s University Law School, has a less hopeful view. One of his clients, Gary Brugman, is a nine-year veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard. Thereafter, Mr. Brugman served as a Border Patrol agent along the Rio Grande. Each night, he was part of the agent teams who detect and apprehend illegals. He even survived no-holds-barred fights with drug smugglers who played for life-and-death stakes against any threat to their livelihoods.

    One memorable night, Mr. Brugman chased a large group of illegals for over a mile, arresting them and struggling to keep the group together. He even forced one illegal to the ground by placing his boot on the man’s back, exactly as Border Patrol agents are trained to do. But when the apprehension was over, Mr. Brugman’s troubles began with a complaint about “civil rights deprivation.”

    In an astonishing turn of events for an agent with a clean record, Gary Brugman was tried, convicted and sentenced to a two-year term in federal prison. “I guess my worst mistake was trusting the system.” As a former agent, he survived his prison stint only through the protection of other inmates who lacked cartel connections.

    Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, recently joined with several other congressmen, requesting that President Trump commute Mr. Brugman’s sentence as well as several other Border Patrol agents caught in similar difficulties.

    But here is what may surprise you most: Gary Brugman’s case began in 2001 when George W. Bush was president, long before Barack Obama was even a gleam in the eye of liberal Democrats. As Mr. Rohrabacher pointed out in his petition, “We believe (these) agents were victims of politics” as the White House exchanged diplomatic signals about drugs and illegals with Mexico.

    Imagine that: Innocent people victimized by a long tradition of government incompetence. And knowing that if the feds want to get you, they will.

    Ken Allard, a retired U.S. Army colonel, is a military analyst and author on national security issues.

    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-agents-beco/
    Beezer, GeorgiaPeach and MW like this.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    I'm sure this will offend some. I don't like misinformation to promote a good cause. This author writes:
    So we are shocked when Mollie Tibbets suddenly turns up dead in Iowa, far from the embattled border. And perhaps troubled because her story was eerily similar to the alien slaying of Kate Steinle, a steadily growing casualty list the only memorial for their grieving families.
    Mollie Tibbets was murdered by a man, who she apparently knew, who happened to be an illegal alien. His motivation is not yet known. Kate Steinle was killed by an illegal alien who shot a gun, either accidentally or on purpose, but not at Kate Steinle. She was apparently killed by a ricochet. One was deliberate, one was unintentional. One was an illegal alien here under the radar for many years, the other had been deported several times, and had been in custody. One had a long criminal record, the other didn't. So how were they "eerily similar"?

    This is not to say the illegal alien invasion is not a problem, it is. This is not to say that illegal aliens are not more inclined to commit crimes, they are. I just don't like naming "links" that aren't there.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator GeorgiaPeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,380
    For me, and probably for the writer, these deaths are similar because these young women are both dead and neither man should have been in the United States. Intentional or unintentional, these deaths were not necessary and they have permanently separated both Kate and Mollie from their own lives with family and friends.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
    ____________________

    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    For me, and probably for the writer, these deaths are similar because these young women are both dead and neither man should have been in the United States.
    The only things I can see that they had in common was they were both women and they were both killed by illegal aliens. That makes them similar to thousands!

    One was killed standing on a busy pier, the other jogging alone near cornfields. One was a murder, the other an accidental killing. Like I said, there are many categories to compare, and far more make these two killings dissimilar than eerily similar.

  5. #5
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,686
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    The only things I can see that they had in common was they were both women and they were both killed by illegal aliens. That makes them similar to thousands!

    One was killed standing on a busy pier, the other jogging alone near cornfields. One was a murder, the other an accidental killing. Like I said, there are many categories to compare, and far more make these two killings dissimilar than eerily similar.
    I don't really understand the point you're attempting to make because no one to my knowledge believes the many death attributed to illegal aliens are NOT 100% preventable!

    I think you're implying that murders committed by illegals aliens are somehow equal to deaths perpetrated by U.S. citizens. Well, I categorically reject such an implication because murders committed by illegal aliens are being done by folks that should never have been here in the first place. How can you not recognize the difference?
    stoptheinvaders and Beezer like this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't really understand the point you're attempting to make because no one to my knowledge believes the many death attributed to illegal aliens are NOT 100% preventable!
    I absolutely agree that 100% of crimes by illegal aliens is 100% preventable if 100% of illegal aliens were removed from our country. It's just that I look at hyperbole in claims by people of facts that aren't facts. This one stuck in my mind. The media has made these two killings "almost identical" when they are not. As I said, they both basically only have two things in common, that both were women, and that both were committed by illegal aliens!

    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I think you're implying that murders committed by illegals aliens are somehow equal to deaths perpetrated by U.S. citizens.
    Interesting way of looking at it. Are you saying murder is not murder if committed by a citizen? No! And I am not claiming that murders and other crimes by aliens have the same motivation as murder by citizens and legal residents.

    We have several threads about rape by illegal aliens. Is the urge to rape driven by the fact that they are illegal or an alien? No! Rape happens in every society. The self control to not rape is different in the environment of different societies. When someone goes to a different country, or community, they are often unfamiliar with the customs of that community. Legal immigrants must learn those customs and are supposed to accept and adhere to them. Illegal aliens have no such orientation or commitment to follow those customs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Well, I categorically reject such an implication because murders committed by illegal aliens are being done by folks that should never have been here in the first place. How can you not recognize the difference?
    You are expressing an opinion, something you claim to be against, about something I have not claimed.

Similar Threads

  1. More than 150 UK casualties in a week in Helmand
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 06:03 AM
  2. Get out your violins,casualties of War on Illegals
    By mkfarnam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 03:18 AM
  3. Casualties of the system.
    By dyehard39 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM
  4. In Border Battle, Land and Wildlife Are Casualties
    By Brian503a in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 08:00 PM
  5. IN BORDER BATTLE, LAND AND WILDLIFE ARE CASUALTIES
    By Newmexican in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 02:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •