Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chamber Is Wrong That U.S. Law Forbids Ariz To Pull Licenses

OUR AMICUS TO SUPREME COURT (No. 2) -- Chamber Is Wrong That U.S. Law Forbids Ariz To Pull Licenses of Illegal-Alien-Hiring Biz

By Roy Beck, Updated Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 11:15 AM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

Perhaps the most amazing part of the suit by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce being considered by the Supreme Court is its claim that Arizona doesn't have the right to pull the business license of an employer that refuses to use E-Verify.

Our amicus brief to the Supreme Court provides our own take on the fact that federal law specifically mentions license revocation as something states CAN do.

With nearly all the money in the world to spend on lawyers, the Chamber very well may have a decent shot had persuading the Supreme Court the equivalent of proving that red is blue.

But we will hope the Court rules more logically than that. Our movement has much riding on the decision.

The ability of states to force businesses to hire legal workers by using E-Verify is key to the gains our movement hopes to achieve in 2011. More states adopting madatory E-Verify laws can result in hundreds of thousands of unemployed American getting back to work this year (and probably millions over the next few years) by opening up jobs that otherwise would be filled by illegal aliens.

Below, find this particular argument (about ability to pull business licenses) from our amicus to the Supreme Court. My comments will be interjected in this format.

The language of the text is necessarily complex because it is written in legal style for the Supreme Court. Most of the statements in the argument come from previous court rulings that would seem to support our argument. I've tried to highlight in red passages that can give you a quick indication of the thrust of the argument.

-- Roy Beck, Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIZONA’S LAW IS NOT EXPRESSLY PREEMPTED BECAUSE IT IS A “LICENSING OR SIMILAR LAWâ€

Banned
    I see a very very weak case against Arizona. There is no way this could be legally interpretted to shoot down the Arizona law as it stands.

The main arguement I see is saying taking away a business liscense is a "Death Penalty" yet they say that the law giving Arizona the right to remove liscenses of business owners is to broad and needs to be narrowed down and defined. However if they buy the "Death Penalty" arguement they open a can of worms on the "Death Penalty" applies to finances as well as a persons actual life. They would in essence be expanding and making "Death Penalty" a broad term that is loosely undefined.

If this gets shot down on the bogus death penalty arguement we should be able to sue business's that hire illegals along with states / cities that provide sanctuary to illegals contending they are imposing a "Death Penalty" on citizens because of financial meltdown due to hiring illegals and keeping them safe from the law.

THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AND, GREED CAN BE AND IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING IT SEEMS THAT WE THE AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE BEING THROWN AWAY BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT AS WELL AS OTHER AMERICANS IN POWER IN FAVOR OF ILLEGAL ALIENS. YES I SAID ILLEGAL ALIENS BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY ARE OBAMA SWORE TO ALL THE GOD'S IN HEAVEN THAT HE WAS GOING TO PUT AMERICANS BACK TO WORK WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR OFFICE. BUT, THE MAN DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING BUT LIE. HE HAS NO CONCERN FOR "WE THE PEOPLE" BECAUSE HE IS ALL ABOUT THESE ILLEGAL ALIENS. HE IS CORRUPT AS WELL AS BEING A LIAR. I'M PRAYING FOR HIS IMPEACHMENT MYSELF, AND I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AND, GREED CAN BE AND IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING IT SEEMS THAT WE THE AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE BEING THROWN AWAY BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT AS WELL AS OTHER AMERICANS IN POWER IN FAVOR OF ILLEGAL ALIENS. YES I SAID ILLEGAL ALIENS BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY ARE OBAMA SWORE TO ALL THE GOD'S IN HEAVEN THAT HE WAS GOING TO PUT AMERICANS BACK TO WORK WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR OFFICE. BUT, THE MAN DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING BUT LIE. HE HAS NO CONCERN FOR "WE THE PEOPLE" BECAUSE HE IS ALL ABOUT THESE ILLEGAL ALIENS. HE IS CORRUPT AS WELL AS BEING A LIAR. I'M PRAYING FOR HIS IMPEACHMENT MYSELF, AND I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS ONE.

You know I am LadyStClaire

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Im with you lady St Claire he don't care about the USA at all just the Illegal immigrant I Hope they impeach Him & fast
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Syanis
    I see a very very weak case against Arizona. There is no way this could be legally interpretted to shoot down the Arizona law as it stands.

The main arguement I see is saying taking away a business liscense is a "Death Penalty" yet they say that the law giving Arizona the right to remove liscenses of business owners is to broad and needs to be narrowed down and defined. However if they buy the "Death Penalty" arguement they open a can of worms on the "Death Penalty" applies to finances as well as a persons actual life. They would in essence be expanding and making "Death Penalty" a broad term that is loosely undefined.

If this gets shot down on the bogus death penalty arguement we should be able to sue business's that hire illegals along with states / cities that provide sanctuary to illegals contending they are imposing a "Death Penalty" on citizens because of financial meltdown due to hiring illegals and keeping them safe from the law.
    States issue licenses to businesses and take them away for any variety of reasons. The real estate sales industry is licensed by the state and without it you can't operate. They revoke these licenses all the time and shut down the business usually over some screw up or misuse of escrow funds. They regulate hair-dressers and doctors and nurses and all types of businesses that require licenses to operate the business and without it, they shut down the business and revoke these license all the time for various reasons. The states use a State Bar to issue licenses to attorneys and law firms and without the license they shut down the business and revoke these licenses all the time. The states use State Health Departments to regulate the food industry and issue licenses to these enterprises without which the business is shut down and the states revoke these licenses all the time for any variety of reasons.

There's no question that if you refuse to use E-verify to skirt US immigration law for the purpose of hiring illegal aliens, then your "sin"against our country is greater than any of the so-called "sins" that shut hundreds of businesses down every year for other less serious infractions.

Hiring illegal aliens is one of the greatest sins against our citizens. There are few things a business can do that hurts our citizens, their families, our communities and our country more than shunning them as workers and employees in favor of foreign nationals especially those in our country illegally. To say a man or a woman of the United States, sorry, but we don't want you, we don't care about your livelihood, we give a hoot about your survival, well-being, sustainability, prosperity or the future of your children and those who depend on you, is the worst possible thing a business license to profit from our market, could ever do to a US citizen. Such businesses should have no rights whatsoever to operate in our market on any level for any reason. They should be shut down, their assets confiscated and their shareholders or owners held responsible for the loss and damage their illegal activities caused our people, their families and our country.

The US Chamber of Commerce is no longer of the United States. It's a globalist front using monthly mixers and networking parties to maintain membership while using the funds and the power of the organization to bankrupt the very economy upon most of its members rely. There should actually be an American Business Campaign to shut down the US Chamber of Commerce, these honest American patriot businesses should post signs "I'm no longer a member of the US Chamber of Commerce because it supports illegal immigration and free trade treason." They should distribute bumper stickers to be put on their personal and company vehicles that say "US Chamber of Commerce" with a big read X through it and the caption "NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE".

Then they should form a new American Chamber of Commerce that supports:

1. stop illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration
    2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    4. legalize/regulate/tax under 2 the illegal drug trade
    5. drill baby drill while enforcing EPA laws to the lettr

This would be a business organization that not only stands up for trade and business in our country, but one that stands up for the American Worker and American Citizens that make that trade and business viable.

Absolutely, states should revoke business licenses of any business who refuses to use E-Verify or hires even 1 illegal alien. What possible argument would or could anyone have against purging our country of the entities that are trying to destroy the livelihoods of US citizens? And what defense could anyone offer to justify our states giving them a license to do it with?

Revoking business licenses of businesses who refuse to use E-Verify in order to skirt our laws against hiring illegal aliens is just common sense and the only logical action to stop this madness that is bankrupting our country and destroying the lives of our own citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy wrote:
    There should actually be an American Business Campaign to shut down the US Chamber of Commerce, these honest American patriot businesses should post signs "I'm no longer a member of the US Chamber of Commerce because it supports illegal immigration and free trade treason." They should distribute bumper stickers to be put on their personal and company vehicles that say "US Chamber of Commerce" with a big read X through it and the caption "NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE".
    There's an "oversight Committee" for everything including POTUS.

In 2006, as a Community leader, myself and 8 other community leaders were voted in by the people(of the community) and approved by the City of San Bernardino and San Bernardino County, as an "oversight" committee to over see the dicisions made by "The County Board of Supervisors" for a "Redevelopment" project.
    All decision made by the city and County of San Bernardino. Ca. had to be approved by us, the Oversight Committee. Decision on "Envronmental Impact", "Eminent Domain". and all changes to be made in the community.
    This "Redevelpement project" was declared because of ilegal Aliens taking over the communty.
    This was just before I moved to Oklahoma.
    My point is that: all Chamber of Commerse should have some type of oversight.
    ------------------------

Banned

AZ and any town can pull business licenses

Being a police commissioner of this town in montana I can tell you that our city rule for businesses is that the business must operate in full compliance of both federal and state law. If a business is in violation of federal OR state law then that license can be revoked or suspended. If a business is found to be hiring illegals and no tax is withheld then they have 2 violations and would be shut down right away. Both for failure to hold and pay taxes to state and federal and also for knowingly hire illegals...a federal violation. What is going to happen is one state is going to pass sweeping immigration laws and that will become accepted as a standard and adopted by all states. Right now we are still looking for that law that will be given the blessing of the Feds. The states who are joining in with the ICE biometric data system is a huge step forward and should be adopted as a standard for all states. Being a border state I would love to see a close working relationship with border patrol and local LE. Let the illegals know the pressure is mounting and that the deportation proccess is indeed ramping up.

Re: AZ and any town can pull business licenses

Quote Originally Posted by BillCunnane
    Being a police commissioner of this town in montana I can tell you that our city rule for businesses is that the business must operate in full compliance of both federal and state law. If a business is in violation of federal OR state law then that license can be revoked or suspended. If a business is found to be hiring illegals and no tax is withheld then they have 2 violations and would be shut down right away. Both for failure to hold and pay taxes to state and federal and also for knowingly hire illegals...a federal violation. What is going to happen is one state is going to pass sweeping immigration laws and that will become accepted as a standard and adopted by all states. Right now we are still looking for that law that will be given the blessing of the Feds. The states who are joining in with the ICE biometric data system is a huge step forward and should be adopted as a standard for all states.
    Being a border state I would love to see a close working relationship with border patrol and local LE.
    Let the illegals know the pressure is mounting and that the deportation proccess is indeed ramping up.
    Bill
    Does "287(g)" cover your precinct or jurisdiction?
    ------------------------

Wish I had unlimited funds to countersue spam style - starting with forcing the US Chanber to take the US off their name. This is so ridiculous. These are traitors to the American people and the facts are that hiring illegals and not citizens is unsustainable business practice. I'm not feeling so patient for all these court cases that takes years to bring us justice in our own land. My experience in court has been that he who has the most money wins. That was never me. So I just see the whole thing as extremely corrupt and only a blue moon when something good and true and just occurs.

P.S. Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread. I keep coming back and re-reading it and what you all wrote does keep making me feel better.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast