Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

changing the law so states and municipalities can enforce

does anyone know if it is possible to draft some sort of ballot proposal to put on the 2008 election which would give the american people the right to vote to change the law so that immigration enforcement can be put in the hands of states and municipalities?

all i hear from Hazelton and other places is that it is "unconstitutional" for local govs. to do anything..... so let's change the law.

can it be done and how do you go about getting it on the ballot? seriously... let's do this.

Banned

Re: changing the law so states and municipalities can enforc

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    does anyone know if it is possible to draft some sort of ballot proposal to put on the 2008 election which would give the american people the right to vote to change the law so that immigration enforcement can be put in the hands of states and municipalities?

all i hear from Hazelton and other places is that it is "unconstitutional" for local govs. to do anything..... so let's change the law.

can it be done and how do you go about getting it on the ballot? seriously... let's do this.

I’ve said it for along time, but I guess people think it would cost way too much money to do by ourselves. I want to see a petition passed out in the mail to each AMERICAN house hold for the questions and answers on the illegal immigration fight, then Sent back in to vote on the whole issue. IT CAN BE DONE we would be a good Group to do it.

Honestly yes, city and towns across this vast land are putting into effect ordnances as we speak. Hazelton has some issues that need to be fought out in the courts.
    ( “the aclu are dogsâ€

I believe Chertoff did mention that they would assist in enforcement in his speech.