Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chavez praises Fox after insult

Chavez praises Fox after insult

December 22 2005 at 09:34AM

Caracas - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday praised his Mexican counterpart Vicente Fox, backing out of a war of words that led both nations to withdraw their ambassadors last month.

Chavez, a left-winger and Washington's foe, applauded Fox's public statements last week where he denounced as "disgraceful and shameful" a proposal to build a wall on the United States-Mexico border to stop illegal immigrants.

"The stance of the Mexican president seemed dignified to me, worthy of the dignity of the people of Pancho Villa, of Emiliano Zapata, of the Aztecs," Chavez said.

"I saw him objecting firmly and I applaud him," Chavez told a meeting of Venezuelan diplomatic corps members.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_ ... 562608B215
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

"The stance of the Mexican president seemed dignified to me, worthy of the dignity of the people of Pancho Villa, of Emiliano Zapata, of the Aztecs," Chavez said.

more like speedy gonzales
    the aztecs were into human sacrifice in a big way- I personally think the profound flaws in the ethnic mexican world view stem from the profound sense of opression that began with the aztecs and now is blamed in the most maddening way upon The United States-

I can't believe that I wasted my time trying to convince a handful of ALIPACers not to support this guy. Where are they all now?

I should've just waited for this to be posted!!!