Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The whole stinking mess of an election should be claimed null and void and completely done over. Charlie Crist should be ashamed. Someone needs to go to jail. This is bullcarp, friggin ANARCHY! How come we never heard of this crap going on when we were kids? I'll tell you why, it's all about getting the right jerk in office to implement the NAU. Only a revolution will do any good now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    I don't want to offend people here from Florida, but no clue what is wrong with your state.

No. 1 issue economy and they vote for McCain who admits he has no clue about the economy?

No. 2 issue Iraq war? McCain says we will be there for 100 years and we're going to have other wars?

There is major corruption in that state. We need to stop letting Florida vote until we figure out what is going on in that state !!
    I live in South Florida and I kind of agree with you.

The thing about Florida is that it is a very complicated state. There are people from all over the world in South and Central Florida and North Florida is pretty much the bible belt, natives, and others from the deep South.

Regardless of that, I was listening to Joyce Kaufman all day and many people called and were relaying the same thing. They went to the machine to vote and were told by the poll worker to pick which party they wanted to vote in instead of the poll worker picking the ballot from the screen for them. There were Independents that were voting in either Republican or Democratic primaries.

To top it all off, there are people that I work with in Palm Beach County that aren't sure their votes were counted due to error messages appearing after the card was popped out of the machine. One person had to vote 5 times before the error messages stopped. It's insane and inexcusable.

Banned
    Im saying was there an Independent to vote for...???
    who is in the primay as an Independent to vote for ??? and how do the Independent vote for a canidate when that door is closed by law ...

I think it had better be reported right away if it is in fact true, and some one has actual hard core Proof that a Law was broken ... This having it out on a tabloid show does nothing but raise more questions

I think Cnn and the other News people blew it off because it is not been proven...Rush had better be right and show the proof to the proper authorities and not just starting troubleā€¦

Some Statutes in Florida from http://www.leg.state.fl.us

101.021 Elector to vote the primary ballot of the political party in which he or she is registered.--In a primary election a qualified elector is entitled to vote the official primary election ballot of the political party designated in the elector's registration, and no other. It is unlawful for any elector to vote in a primary for any candidate running for nomination from a party other than that in which such elector is registered.

101.045 Electors must be registered in precinct; provisions for residence or name change.--

(1) No person shall be permitted to vote in any election precinct or district other than the one in which the person has his or her legal residence and in which the person is registered. However, a person temporarily residing outside the county shall be registered in the precinct in which the main office of the supervisor, as designated by the supervisor, is located when the person has no permanent address in the county and it is the person's intention to remain a resident of Florida and of the county in which he or she is registered to vote. Such persons who are registered in the precinct in which the main office of the supervisor, as designated by the supervisor, is located and who are residing outside the county with no permanent address in the county shall not be registered electors of a municipality and therefore shall not be permitted to vote in any municipal election.

(1) Each political party and each candidate may have one watcher in each polling room at any one time during the election. No watcher shall be permitted to come closer to the officials' table or the voting booths than is reasonably necessary to properly perform his or her functions, but each shall be allowed within the polling room to watch and observe the conduct of electors and officials. The watchers shall furnish their own materials and necessities and shall not obstruct the orderly conduct of any election. Each watcher shall be a qualified and registered elector of the county in which he or she serves. During the elections the officials shall call out the names of electors loudly enough to be heard by the watchers.

(2) Each party and each candidate requesting to have poll watchers shall designate, in writing, poll watchers for each precinct prior to noon of the second Tuesday preceding the election. The poll watchers for each precinct shall be approved by the supervisor of elections on or before the Tuesday before the election. The supervisor shall furnish to each precinct a list of the poll watchers designated and approved for such precinct.

(3) No candidate or sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, or other law enforcement officer may be designated as a poll watcher.

Rush had better be right and show the proof

By David Fleshler | South Florida Sun-Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 9220.story

January 30, 2008

A new voter check-in system made its Broward County debut this election, causing long lines at some polls Tuesday as workers struggled with the unfamiliar equipment.

The Electronic Voter iDentification system, which resembles a computerized cash register, requires elections workers to confirm voters' eligibility by swiping each voter's driver's license like a credit card.

The new machines were intended to bring speed and accuracy to the work of verifying voter records, a process that nearly broke down in the 2004 presidential election when the Elections Office tried to use a phone bank for that purpose, Broward Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes said.
    At many polls, the system worked as smoothly as a grocery store checkout line. But since there were far fewer check-in machines than voting machines, the new devices created bottlenecks at some locations. And at some polling places, would-be voters watched in frustration as workers puzzled over the new equipment and placed calls to technical support staff.

At the voter-rich Century Village condominium complexes in Deerfield Beach and Pembroke Pines, long lines led many would-be voters to give up and go home.

"There are people who will never come back to vote," said Marvin Rietberg, of Century Village in Pembroke Pines. "I know it. We have people in wheelchairs, with walkers. It's a big deal for them to get to the clubhouse."

A similar problem took place at the King's Point condominiums in Tamarac.

"We saw people who had to leave the lines because they couldn't stay that long," resident Mona Sherman said. "We have many people who are disabled, who use walkers and canes. They were frustrated."

Turnout was high, with initial figures put at 37 percent, the highest for a primary since 24 percent for the 2000 primary.

Every election has glitches, such as ballot problems and missing voter information. Aside from the difficulties with the new voter check-in machines, it's unclear whether this election had an unusual number of problems. A few voters complained of problems with party registration, a critical matter in Florida where only registered party members may vote in primaries.

David Nirenberg, of Coral Springs, said he is a registered independent and showed up only to vote on the property tax amendment, not the presidential primary. But poll workers, over his protests, insisted he had to vote as either a Republican or a Democrat, he said, so he chose Republican and cast a ballot for John McCain.

The voter check-in machines are sold by VR Systems Inc., a Tallahassee company whose Web page says the machines are in use in 25 Florida counties. The Elections Office spent about $1 million on nearly 1,000 of the machines, Snipes said.

Although poll workers were able to use the machines effectively during early voting, many encountered problems operating them Tuesday, she said. Other than those problems, she said, the election went well.

When reports came in of lines at the condominiums, she dispatched extra workers and machines, and the lines cleared up. Now, thanks to this experience, she will make sure poll workers are better trained on the new machines.

"We did have long lines," she said. "They didn't melt down the election. We know now what to anticipate,"

And many voters said their experiences at the polls went quickly and without problems.

Staff Writer Lisa J. Huriash contributed to this report.

David Fleshler can be reached at dfleshler@sun-sentinel.com or 954-356-4535.

Video To hear a sampling of South Florida voters explain their presidential preferences go to Sun-Sentinel.com/decision2008
    More articles

Just the Meat without potatoes

A few voters complained of problems with party registration, a critical matter in Florida where only registered party members may vote in primaries.

David Nirenberg, of Coral Springs, said he is a registered independent and showed up only to vote on the property tax amendment, not the presidential primary. But poll workers, over his protests, insisted he had to vote as either a Republican or a Democrat, he said, so he chose Republican and cast a ballot for John McCain.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 9220.story

I know when I lived in Florida I was a registered Independant. They sent me away because they said I had to state a party and the only election I was allowed to vote in was the Presidential one if I chose to be a regstered Independant. A mom of one of my daughters friends was working in the office for voters......even when they would ask voters about whether to put a new side-walk in for the school etc....when you signed a petition for anything.....only registered rep or dems could be counted. When you were registered as one or the other you couldn't cross party lines either. It was all or nothing except for the Presidential race.

I was listening to this as well when it was on the radio. Didn't surprise me though......seems people change the rules when they see fit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Sounds like Flrorda is a all or nothing state...

I sent the following email to Gov. Crist:

We all know you are for McShame, but is it really necessary to CHEAT to get him elected? Is it really necessary for Florida to have a reputation for crooked voting?

Was it really necessary to allow independents to change their party affiliation THE DAY OF THE ELECTION in order to vote for McShame? This is ILLEGAL within 29 days of the election. But, its Florida....that makes it okay to CHEAT.

You are no better then McShame!!! And he is morally unfit to be president.

Apparently you are unfit to be governor of Flordia. Or has McShame mentioned VP to you?

Here is his email address......

Charlie.Crist@MyFlorida.com <Charlie.Crist@MyFlorida.com>

Send him an email and let him know people from all over the U.S., is aware of what FLORIDA has done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123