Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
BTW It is good to remember that 300,000 Chinese crossed the Yalu river in 1950-51 to fight our American boys and ROK troops in the Korean war. We have never fought a war against the Russians but we fought the Chinese directly in Korea! How many ignorant Americans who can't find Kansas on a map are aware of this?
Good point. Yes, I believe that most Americans are clueless that we lost 56,000 men mostly at the hands of the Chinese during the Korean War. Can't blame them exactly. Korea is largely ignored by Hollywood, the MSM, and academia. It is "The Forgotten War." You know who probably did not forget?

The Chinese. The lost 1/2 million men to us. Defending the existence of communism in North Korea.

And yes, our refugee policy is a joke -- like much of our immigration policy. I know a "refugee" from Russia who has no loyalty to our nation, and speaks positively about the USSR, believing all of the bull crap they told him when he was growing up -- like the USA never went to the moon. I also heard from another Russian immigrant that our immigration policy with Russia is heavily biased in favor of Russian Jews, and the rest have to rely on a lottery system. Great "diversity," huh?

I also agree that China is in some ways worse than it was in the past. China has incorporated the worst of capitalism and the worst of communism combined IMO.