Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To listen in English, click here? Why not to listen is Spanish, click here? And what the pudding to do if you only speak Greek or Russian or Urdu?
    In the passion of the moment of responding to something on the website, there are plenty of typos, myself included, which is a pretty lame slam at ALIPAC for the basis of their critcism. I guess we have to keep our dictionaries very close before posting.
    Actually, it is kind of cool that the Catholic Church sees this website as a threat. While my family tree drips with bishops and archbishops, in those days circumstances were a bit different. Today, we have a nation of many religions, but we are also a nation of laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whenever anyone sticks up for the illegal alien workers who are doing about one-third of the work on construction and paving jobs and in hotels and restaurants, somebody else starts shouting about "open borders."

"I’m not for open borders," Taylor said.

"I’m for orderly border crossings that allow the immigration we need to support our economy. If honest people can show they are not criminals and come into the country at the border crossing, then only criminals will run and hide and try to cross somewhere else. Then we can catch them."
    Well padre,those are exactly the ones we want to deport, the ones who "cross somewhere else" - they ARE criminals. Honest people emigrate WITH papers. So what's the problem?

I am also deeply offended that illegal aliens are called immigrants. I was an immigrant - a LEGAL immigrant. I do NOT want to be lumped with illegal aliens!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Whenever anyone sticks up for the illegal alien workers who are doing about one-third of the work on construction and paving jobs and in hotels and restaurants, somebody else starts shouting about "open borders."

"I’m not for open borders," Taylor said.

"I’m for orderly border crossings that allow the immigration we need to support our economy. If honest people can show they are not criminals and come into the country at the border crossing, then only criminals will run and hide and try to cross somewhere else. Then we can catch them."
    Well padre,those are exactly the ones we want to deport, the ones who "cross somewhere else" - they ARE criminals. Honest people emigrate WITH papers. So what's the problem?
    Most of the time that done just to iritate us.
    I am also deeply offended that illegal aliens are called immigrants. I was an immigrant - a LEGAL immigrant. I do NOT want to be lumped with illegal aliens!
    ------------------------

I really wonder if Catholics can read the Bible, even if they can't accept the King James Version, I know they read the Apocrypha so why don't they know where the land of Juda/Judea is? Don't they know that is part of the Promised Land? It’s the West Bank, it’s over the Jordan River, Judeans are the sons of Jacob. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!!!!!!!!!
    Jacob is Israel. Jesus was born in the land of Jacob.

How does Taylor twist the birth of Christ into an immigrant story?

I also find in ironic how he attempts to shame people for not welcoming illegal aliens and quotes Matthew 25 (actually 1/3 of a verse). Oh please read the whole chapter. It's basically about people that don't take care of their business and expect others to do it for them. They cry to others to give it to them but in the end they are denied because they failed to prepare and meet the requirement for admission. Also, some are given opportunity but they are lazy and have what was given to them is taken away because they did not use the gift wisely.

Especially verses 31-32

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    Lastly, there are no honest illegal aliens, everyone of them is dishonest. Ask them, if they are illegal and listen to them lie. Ask them for ID and be handed a dishonest document. They are dishonest when they apply for a job and claim to be eligible for work. No such thing as an honest illegal alien. Everything they do to stay here is a lie and that's a sin.

Dixie

April
    Lastly, there are no honest illegal aliens, everyone of them is dishonest. Ask them, if they are illegal and listen to them lie. Ask them for ID and be handed a dishonest document. They are dishonest when they apply for a job and claim to be eligible for work. No such thing as an honest illegal alien. Everything they do to stay here is a lie and that's a sin.

Dixie
    Absolutely, they had to lie, cheat and steal to get here and than do it some more to stay here. They are criminals.

The bishops all have their marching orders to support CIR and to convince their flock to do so also.

The way he says this, it seems as though he does want more or less "open immigration" from South of the border, only keeping out violent criminals. Well, that's not the way it works, padre. There are people from all over the world who would like a chance at the "American Dream"--not only from Mexico and other points South.

As well, how many American citizens were displaced by that one-third illegal contingent now working in construction and the other occupations which were mentioned?

My bishop tried the same thing in my diocese. I wasted no time in writing him a letter asking him to please refrain from conflating legal immigrants with illegal aliens. I then sent the same letter to the local newspaper where it was published. After that I received a letter in response from the Director of Communications for the diocese.

It's important to speak out when they try to disingenuously play on people's emotions by making comparisons to this massive wave of illegal immigration with previous waves of legal immigration.

1 Peter 2:

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Catholics don't read the Book of Romans either.

Romans 13:

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

When the United States is a third world country I pray all the churches will feed, cloth, house and give us, 350 million citizens, safety. Can the churches even help us now?

And the DOT in all the states are hiring immigrants instead of American citizens.

5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
    Illegals submitting to authorities? And it has become flagrantly evident that the conscience part has fallen to the wayside, replaced by greed.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56

And the DOT in all the states are hiring immigrants instead of American citizens.
    Do you have a link on the DOT doing it? I'd like to check it out.
    Thanks
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast