Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The City of Valley Park, MO needs help folks

The City of Valley Park has passed an ordinance making it illegal for businesses to hire illegal aliens and for landlords to rent to illegal aliens. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) and others have brought together a team of 22 lawyers to sue the City and halt the enforcement of the ordinance. Their lawsuit, brought on behalf of three landlords and a business, argues that the City's ordinance violates numerous federal and state constitutional provisions and discriminates against classes of tenants and employees illegally. The suit seeks compensation for attorney fees and seeks to fine the City Officials for violations of state open meetings laws. Valley Park has denied the allegations and has assembled a legal team to defend it's ordinance and it's officials.

The City has retained the services of a law professor at the University of Missouri who was the chief advisor to former U.S. Attorney General Ashcroft on immigration matters. Prof. Kobach is a nationally known expert in immigration and constitutional law. Valley Park has a limited budget and is a small city, with the population less than 7,500 citizens, whereas the litigants in the suit against the City have counsel who are providing their services to them free from charges. The City has experienced much legal expenses and would appreciate the financial support of like minded persons or businesses that believe our country and way of life is threatened by unrestricted illegal immigration and the presence of illegal aliens in the community at a time when our nation is in a global war against terrorism.

Please consider donating to our cause.

Sincerely,

Jeffery Whitteaker,
    Mayor

City of Valley Park
    320 Benton
    Valley Park MO 63088
    Phone Number 636.225.5171
    Fax Number 636.225.0643

Banned
    With out reading What the new City's ordinance says how can i reply with anything other then
    More BS this case isnt going to see the light of day the story must have more to it. I cant Believe they can sue on the fact that the town has past an ordance. Any city ordance is that cities law
    And they arnt voilating anyones civel rights there inforceing Federal Laws.

Someone needs to pass a law that say the aclu can only pick one fight a week and it must be realy realy worth wasting the whole countries money and time.

G-ood
    o-old <<<<<<<<give some to the ACLU
    a-american
    l-logic

it makes me want to go there and work for that city for free just to help them out

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 383#207383

Hello slowpoke,

Have you seen the Focus Campaign?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I cant Believe they can sue on the fact that the town has past an ordance. Any city ordance is that cities law
    And they arnt voilating anyones civel rights there inforceing Federal Laws.
    The beauty is that these so-called "rights groups" know that they don't need to have much of a case, the intent is simply to bankrupt their target. They've literally made an art form of it, many of them(such as the splc) readily admit it.

Their lawsuit, brought on behalf of three landlords and a business
    I'd love to know their names
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

Thanks Dixie, I haven't seen that before.

I only live about 5 miles from Valley Park, and I do know when the frist ordinance was passed about a year ago all the illegals left. There were quite a few of them then, hanging around on the corner's and hanging out in front of some apartments.
    I heard that most of them moved to another community about 6 miles away, and I was told the catholic church helped some of them.

Please excuse my posting. I'm a new guy, and I'm not real experenced on the computer.

Your welcome slowpoke.

The only qualification is typing.

I will say this, Valley Park is determined. Some cities never consider a second attempt. Also, you should call your city attorney for me and tell him I think he is the bravest city attorney in the US. He has gone in all alone and faced the big guys with deep pockets. Bravo!!!!!!!

One news source said he was out numbered 30 to 1.

At this point, you should continue to support your city and send them words of encouragement. Also, you can write letters to your local paper and express your opinion too.

Your more than welcome to use the Focus Campaing and send letters or make calls. If you need any help, just ask.

Does the donation location have a website? Can you post the link?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Dixie, you go to their website www.valleyparkmo.org and click on home, and at the bottom of the page they have a link to click on, to take you to their donation site.
    I've encouraged them many times, and considering what their up against I believe their doing all they can.
    Len

GO VALLEY PARK!