Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Civics lesson, please

I understand cloture and the possibility of #1639 passing in the Senate. After that, it goes to the House. If it passes there, then it goes to the president for his signing. (Hope not!) How does the other bill the House is proposing play into all of this--The Secure Our Borders First Act? I would imagine both bills are voted on in the House, but if the House's bill passes instead, does it go back to the Senate for passing?

Last year the House passed their own version of an immigration bill because they didn't like the Senate bill. The House insisted on having an enforcement only bill. The Senate didn't like it so the whole thing was dropped. Initially, I believe they were going to put the two bills together and whittle them down to where they wanted it, then send it to committee where it would be determined if what was proposed was even possible, then it would be voted on again by both the House and the Senate. If it passed then it would go to the President. But neither side would give in. Looks like the same thing will happen this year. The House doesn't want anything to do with amnesty and the Senate refuses to pass a bill that doesn't legalize all the illegal aliens in this country.

But the Senate may not have a choice this time because the tone is different this year, in that the people are more informed so more are riled up over this problem. I think the Senate is going to have to accept that enforcement first is the only thing that will fly this time around. Or at least one can hope.

I hope I helped a little.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So, it could be a draw again?

Thanks, and yes, you were helpful.

I'd rather we do nothing than do what the Senate wants. My only concern is that the House has different members than a year ago. Do we honestly know where the new ones stand?

The Dems outnumber the Republicans in the House this term, but I'm not too sure they have the votes to pass an amnesty bill. Remember, right now the House is sitting back watching the Senate get slaughtered by the American people and my guess is they are not going to be in too big of a hurry to jump into that fray.

The only thing I worry about is a bill sitting in the House that is sponsered by Flake and Guiterrez. (H.R. 1645). I think they have been sitting on this bill waiting to see what's going to happen in the Senate. H.R.1645 is as bad, if not worse than the one we are fighting. Google in Thomas Library and take a look at it and see what you think.

By the way, glad I could help.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Flake

Flake is my representative here in Arizona. But that doesn't mean that he represents me, if you know what I mean.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

Last year the House passed their own version of an immigration bill because they didn't like the Senate bill.
    Actually, I think you have that reversed. The House passed their enforcement bill first, then the Senate passed S. 2611.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think what happens is that if both houses pass a bill but somewhat different versions, the bills go to a "conference commitee" which works out a final bill for passage. If it passes it then goes to Bush's desk, for his signature.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

When?

Do you think they'll pass anything just so they can adjourn for the summer?

Doing nothing is not an option. Once we get through this shamnesty, we need to stay on our senators and reps to create a bill to enforce our laws and build the fence. Then we need to start deporting criminals immediately. Then rest I am not sure about yet!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Meanwhile

Meanwhile, the subsidization of our own destruction continues apace. A soldier where I live, on a whim named his friend, a female illegal alien, as benefactor on his life insurance policy. Though not in love, just friends, he married her also.

He was blown up, after being shot in the chest, and saved by his vest. His demise came three weeks later. His "wife" is now able to lay claim to the settlement from his military death benefit, and I think it was around 150k.

We are paying for all of it. The illegal war kills a citizen, and benefits an illegal alien. You can't make this stuff up. cheers, when they do pass "amnesty" what'cha gonna do? GENERAL STRIKE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast