Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Coincidence or censorship?

I am having much difficulty accessing web pages and articles about the severity of the latin american illegal immigration problem, so that I can post them to illegal immigration opposition websites. (which also seem to be disappearing) Has anyone else noticed this as well?
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

which websites are disappearing?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This one has been down for a week now

http://www.minutemanhq.com/project/index.html

http://illegalalien.net/

http://stoptheinvasion.com/

http://www.ulcir.us/

http://www.secureamerica.info/

These are just the ones on American patrols links. there are several others. I'll post them later.
    I have tried to access severla large newspaper articles to post and have not been able to bring them up. I'll have to scan them or something.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

I was able to access the one that Gearhead listed. Could we be the victims of a virus or something that has been spread to computers that might attack our abilities to access sites with certain words or even by certain websites?

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    This one has been down for a week now

http://www.minutemanhq.com/project/index.html
    It works for me.

The others appear to not have renewed their domain names.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

When I go to the site all I get is plain text.

Minutemanhq is working fine for me.

Stoptheinvasion shut down their site.

Some other sites may be having difficulty because of the info in the article below. ALIPAC.us is not affected because we are not hosted by either of the feuding parties.

------

Network feud leads to Net blackout

By John Borland
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Published: October 5, 2005, 5:00 PM PDT
    TalkBack E-mail Print TrackBack
    Two major Internet backbone companies are feuding, potentially cutting off significant swaths of the Internet for some of each other's customers.

On Wednesday, network company Level 3 Communications cut off its direct "peering" connections to another big network company called Cogent Communications. That technical action means that some customers on each company's network now will find it impossible, or slower, to get to Web sites on the other company's network.

William Steele, a senior network engineer for Syncro Services, said his company noticed the problem Wednesday morning.

"There are some people I can't send an e-mail to," Steele said. "At home, I have Road Runner as an ISP, and wasn't even able to remotely connect in order to manage our servers."

The Internet's wobbly legs
    Blackout shows Net's fragility
    A dispute between major Internet backbone companies has selectively shut down e-mail and Web sites for many online."Peering" arrangements are maintained by network companies that agree to connect their networks directly together to exchange traffic more efficiently. When the companies are of roughly equal size, money rarely exchanges hands.

Level 3 contends that its arrangement with Cogent is no longer financially viable, since it is larger than the other company. It has asked Cogent to seek other arrangements, possibly including paying for the traffic exchange, a Level 3 representative said.

Cogent CEO Dave Schaeffer contested that claim, saying that its network is at least as big as Level 3's, and that it makes no sense to pay for the connection. Cogent is offering any Level 3 user who can't get to Cogent sites free Internet service for a year, in an attempt to attract its rival's customers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's interesting.

Boy! How vulnerable our movement is that we have to depend on that type of service to organize and communicate. Quite obviously, the major communications networks are not helping us now. What would work better? Smaller more localized websites that communicate via another linkage?

I think I need to start one up here in Sacramento, where the supposed seat of power is. got any tips for me?

one to one

Never underestimate the effect of one to one viral communication.

As my logging buddies say, the forest is cut down, one tree at a time. g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast