Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colorado Referendum K

Dear friends,

The state of Colorado recently passed Referendum K, which directs the Colorado Attorney General to initiate, or join other states in, a lawsuit against the US Attorney General to demand that the federal government enforce existing federal immigration laws.

Colorado lawmakers also passed a bill during last summer's special session, House Bill 1014, directing the attorney general to "pursue all available remedies to recover" any money owed from the federal government for "the reimbursement of costs incurred by the state in dealing with illegal immigration.

I believe every group in our cause should immediately direct their members to pressure the Attorney General and Governor of their individual states to join the state of Colorado in this effort! If enough states join in this effort, this would put tremendous pressure on the federal government to enforce the duly enacted laws of the United States Congress.

April
    I am proud of my state for Referendum K. I think it is a very good example for other states to follow in the fight against Illegal Immigration. The more states to follow suit the merrier!

Banned
    Looks like Referendum K was passed in September. What has happened since? Are they holding off on proceeding with it for some reason, or is it in the works? (If they aren't acting on it, my fear is that they know CIR is coming which would make this referendum useless.)

April
    You know everything everywhere seems in Limbo Land right now , thats why everyone needs to stand up and be heard. I am glad it was passed, however, one needs to remain vigilent in reference to anything to do with politics.

Banned
    Now it looks like the citizens of CO will have to sue the state attorney general to get him to uphold the law, too.

April
    There ya go..........I am up for it!

Referendum k will not be effective or Funded until Monday (jan 1). All states should work on the alipac goal to involve the federal government in the 207g Federal state immigration enforcement process.

Much of the enforcement of Colorados new tough immigration laws sits with various agencies rather than the legislature. The tone Bill Ritter, (gov) sets with state agencies in Colorado will get the job done.

Business wants to play the ID game to stall immigration enforcement in Colorado. Here is hopeing the Colorado Legistlature throws it back at them and makes them come up with effective solutions to identify illegals. Business should be held accountable for workers on site.

There is much foot dragging in state agencies now as the conservative pro business Owens (xgov) era comes to a close.

One thing that stood out to me 2 years ago when testifying at the Sate House foreign affairs committe, was the passion with which many more liberal dems spoke out against employers who hired illegals. Now they have a chance to jail a few of these employers and it wont be too soon.

Working with federal authorities Colorado can put the immigation problem behind them and move to other important matters.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

I grew up disliking Colorado as a Chiefs and K-state/KU fan, now I am proud of them and hope that my home state of Kansas will follow in their footsteps.

April