Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have rule #6 which I guess we could make bold letters..

6. Disclaimer: ALIPAC is not responsible for the content of posts, comments, articles, and links to other organizations. Posting here does not imply endorsement or support. Posts from the public here are NOT organizational statements or the positions of ALIPAC. Official ALIPAC organizational positions and statements are found on the main at www.alipac.us

The problem is that the OBL liars will never point out our disclaimer. Each time they attack and try to site a source on our boards they certainly do not mention our disclaimer or the obvious. They hold it up and trumpet it like it is some huge discovery and silver bullet vilifying all of ALIPAC.

It's not accurate, it is not ethical, yet it is what they try to do when given the ammo.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess I made a mistake

W,
    Thanks for the information, I was under the impression that the lady was banned for the link to grassroots, I apologizes it was a miss understanding on my part. I agree no one wants to here hate and bigotry I was unaware that that many PM and slaps were carried out prior to being banned. If that is being done then people have no one to blame but themselves. I know I will take your warning to heart as I really enjoy the time I spend here between fax’s and call’s I make to reps all over the USA. The site has great information and I believe great people on it and I just hate to se anyone that is truly trying to better the situation feel like they don’t have a place to come to talk about there activities and get fresh ideas. I would think on your trips it would help to say I have a virtual army of pens at my disposal of how ever many people there are, and they all vote. You have put a lot of soul into this adventure and it shows, I thank you and all the mods for their efforts and I think patience and knowledge is the answer, some times I fall short on both.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Although this could give you legal relief, it would do little to maintain the true integrity of the site. A malicious statement can easily be quoted by someone and attributed to alipac, disclaimer notwithstanding. Not right, I know, but it is the truth. No one reads the fine print. Everyone is out for the 'headline of the moment.'.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

6. Disclaimer: ALIPAC is not responsible for the content of posts, comments, articles, and links to other organizations. Posting here does not imply endorsement or support. Posts from the public here are NOT organizational statements or the positions of ALIPAC. Official ALIPAC organizational positions and statements are found on the main at www.alipac.us

The problem is that the OBL liars will never point out our disclaimer. Each time they attack and try to site a source on our boards they certainly do not mention our disclaimer or the obvious. They hold it up and trumpet it like it is some huge discovery and silver bullet vilifying all of ALIPAC.

It's not accurate, it is not ethical, yet it is what they try to do when given the ammo.

W
    I understand that the disclaimer is stated and that other sites using quotes from this site as fodder for their own ends won't repeat it. Is there a way to have it appear on every post box, or at least on every page? At least that way, anyone coming here to confirm the validity of a quoted post will see the disclaimer in boldface.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

W
    I understand that the disclaimer is stated and that other sites using quotes from this site as fodder for their own ends won't repeat it. Is there a way to have it appear on every post box, or at least on every page? At least that way, anyone coming here to confirm the validity of a quoted post will see the disclaimer in boldface.
    Yea, we have discussed that but when considering how much memory and storage space that would eat up and how it would look held us back on that one.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

W
    Yea, we have discussed that but when considering how much memory and storage space that would eat up and how it would look held us back on that one.

W
    Well, consider this: Most posters have a signature line. Maybe there's a way to add it globally to the signatures?

And also, as there are quite a few here that can privately attest to this, warnings & hand slaps are pretty much the norm.
    I think I got a hand slap once and I don't remember what it was for. I don't feel like I've ever been mistreated by a MOD.

Last week, everyone seemed to be fustrated and in an aggressive mood. I PMed a few people asking if they noticed the mood, which they had. Something was in the air. I tried to stay out of it but maybe I should have pointed it out to a MOD. Bad judgement on my part.

I have noticed that MODs will comment to try to cool a conversation and I find that some board members jump the MODs and argue about it. Look, if a MODs on your tail, it's for a reason.

OK, that was my worthless 2 cents!

Thanks William, MODS et al

Dixie

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I too understand the issue of concern over people who come in and cause problems, and then go away bitter and try to slander ALIPAC. They had obvious intentions towards the other side of the issue, that, or they feel we here are "too nice" in this bitter debate.

I have searched other groups sites to see what they are saying, and what the other side, or other groups who hold "stronger" opinions on this subject are talking about, I feel it is good to know more. During these searches I have seen some pretty awful talk about the issue in a terribly racist and cruel tone, it is nothing we want to be a part of, and that means we have to work hard, each of us, to stay away from this kind of thing.

It is an effort we must make to train ourselves to be sure our conversatons not only on this board, but also out there in public, that our conversations are without reproach. I have been working on it from day one. I do not want to be the one who trips up this effort, I know 99.99% of us do not.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we were to reduce or cease our moderation then ALIPAC would become ineffective as a tool communicating with or working with candidates or Congress.

We cannot allow racism, violence, vulgarity, race baiting, or wild claims that cannot even be researched to be posted here on our site.
    W. and mods,

This site is extraordinarily important, and particularly NOW at this time in the history of our country.

There are many statements in the above posts, that I'd like to comment on, some philosophical, some to do with software (which I have no knowledge of ). We are so diverse, yet 99% united on the issue of illegal immigration. And we do need to be able to vent, yet keep it under what should be self control. As so many of us are frustrated that since the MSM keeps quiet or gives clearly one-sided information on this issue, that the majority of Americans and LEGAL immigrants are unaware, we've got to keep a professional message going out to the public.

I am one of those, who in ignorance, goofed in a posting, and was very nicely pm'd by the mods. I own it, and am sorry I did so. I hope I've demonstrated quite clearly, that I want this site to continue...it's vital that it does.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I don't know if this is feasible or not, but what about after the person hits the submit button, delaying the posting of the message to the board until it is reviewed for offensive comments? If no offensive comments are found, let it post to the board.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast