Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressional ignorance?

I contacted my district and Washington offices for the Senate and House yesterday to invite my representatives (NC) to participate in the "Hold Their Feet to the Fire" media events next week. Imagine their surprise as they expressed their great joy at being notified of this otherwise ambiguous event happening right on their own doorstep! They attempted to appear clueless, and asked me to fax a copy of the event schedule so they could "consider" participation and scheduling of a possible speaking engagement. Of course, I referred them to Mr. Dane at the FAIR office and insisted they follow-up with him to schedule an interview on this important issue.
    My reason for posting here today is to ask all who read this to get some calls in to your Congressional and Senate offices immediately. Don't give the weasels a chance to plead ignorance later. It's obvious after speaking with their aides that most will try to cower behind closed doors rather than address the issue in the public spotlight.

TOA, welcome! I wouldn't even bother to notify them. Somehow they would "conveniently" be absent that week. I think it would be better for them to somewhat be blindsided by the event. It certainly would create more interesting media coverage.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    sippy wrote:

I wouldn't even bother to notify them. Somehow they would "conveniently" be absent that week. I think it would be better for them to somewhat be blindsided by the event. It certainly would create more interesting media coverage.
    I can understand your feelings, sippy. However, I do think it is an extremely good idea to get public statements (interviews) from our elected representatives on this issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn