Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressman's Office Says No Senate Bill Passed

This is frustrating, I called my congressman's office and the lady in the office told me that the senate has not passed any comprehensive immigration bill. I told they passed it the end of May but she is not convinced. She said, absolutely not, there has no bill passed. I just wanted to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot get them to tell me where he stands on legalizing millions of illegals.

MW
    That is easy enough to find out. Who is your Congressman?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's close to the mid term election , maybe he is seeking reelection, if yes? They are going to deny that they passed that shameful bill until they die or get reelected.

Re: Congressman's Office Says No Senate Bill Passed

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    This is frustrating, I called my congressman's office and the lady in the office told me that the senate has not passed any comprehensive immigration bill. I told they passed it the end of May but she is not convinced. She said, absolutely not, there has no bill passed. I just wanted to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot get them to tell me where he stands on legalizing millions of illegals.
    Umm. . .what is it that they voted on then? Why was a conference committee needed to confer over HR4437 and the one PASSED BY THE SENATE!?!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Sawdust,
    The bill is 2611. You can find it at:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:SN02611:
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I called congressman Steve Buyer's office, I don't think these people that work in these offices are informed at all. They don't seem to know much. First I called his campaign office and they didn't know anything then I called his office in Monticello, IN and was told no senate bill was passed. I gave her the # of the bill, but she wasn't convinced. Shouldn't his office know where he stands on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    I called congressman Steve Buyer's office, I don't think these people that work in these offices are informed at all. They don't seem to know much. First I called his campaign office and they didn't know anything then I called his office in Monticello, IN and was told no senate bill was passed. I gave her the # of the bill, but she wasn't convinced. Shouldn't his office know where he stands on this issue?
    SAW
    beat em at their own game. Monday call his DC office and put their feet to the fire.

If the DC office says the same garbage, Tell them that you're now going to CALL THE NEWSPAPERS in your area to let them know the Congressman's INCOMPETANCE.

That should get them palpatating
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Voted on floor of the House for final passage of border security and enforcement bill in 2005

Rep. Buyer voted in favor of H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. H.R. 4437, as amended and passed, includes major improvements in interior enforcement and border security, as well as a reduction in legal immigration numbers. Among its most significant provisions are: a requirement that all businesses must use an electronic system to check if all new hires have the legal right to work in the country; additional security fencing along the Mexican border; a mandate that the federal government cooperate with local authorities in picking up all illegal aliens they detain; and elimination of the visa lottery program that each year awards 50,000 green cards to randomly selected winners. H.R. 4437 passed by a vote of 239 to 182.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She told me he voted in favor of the house bill and I already knew that. She is going to check into the senate bill to see if it has really been passed like I said it had. Like I am telling her the truth.

Saw,

You're in Indiana - yes? Assuming so...

Here's Dobbs list posted out on his website:
    http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dob ... clude.html
    (might be too long a URL, but if it is, just go to Dobbs' site - www.loudobbs.com and look for the link 'Your Elected Officials' - left side...

Both IN Senators voted for S2611 - Bayh, and Lugar - unfortunately, just like both of my senators as well.

It's really hard to believe that the staffers in the office you contacted are truly THAT clueless. Certainly, people have been calling and complaining for quite a while on the issue - and they don't know much about it....doesn't sound right to me!

Alipac probably has other links or similar listings on the subject too...

Hope this helps
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast