Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Congressmen Must Be Made To Understand The Danger of HR 2164

Congressmen Must Be Made To Understand The Danger Of HR 2164 (by Dave Levine)

If you go to the above post by me on July 12th, you'll see that more Conservative Congressmen are coming out in support of Rep. Lamar Smith's HR 2164--the myopic and dangerous National E-verify Act, an Act that would preempt the states from enforcing 1070 and E-verify laws already passed and on the books.

The bill pits Congressmen once considered tough on illegal immigration like Rep. Lamar Smith, Rep. Sue Myrick, Rep. Jason Chaffetz. Rep. Ted Poe, Rep. John Culbertson and Rep. Walter B. Jones along with three major anti-illegal immigration orgs (both inside the Beltway)--FAIR, NumbersUSA and CIS--against grass roots Conservatives along with many leaders of the anti-Invasion movement like Kris Kobach, State Sen. Russell Pearce, State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, Phyllis Schlafly, Michael Cutler, Rick Oltman and so far, just one Conservative Congressman--Rep. Lou Barletta--along with the activist org ALIPAC, NCFire, Rep. Metcalfe's SLLI org, Texas IRCOT and possibly Patriot Action Network--one of Tea Party powerhouse Resistnet leader Darla Dawald's orgs which had this outstanding post on July 17th titled "They Can't ALL Be Wrong--FIX IT OR PULL IT!" at

http://www.patriotactionnetwork.com/for ... 0775%3AT...

Those supporting the bill like FAIR and NumbersUSA admit that they're willing to sell out AL, AL, GA, IN, SC and UT and the E-verify states to get CA, NY, IL, TX and FL on the E-verify bandwagon. Yet, they can't seem to show where "the enforcement" in the Act is and we know how successful the 1986 General Amnesty was re: enforcement! That Act began the Invasion in earnest and it hasn't stopped.

In a way, I'm glad that Rep. Smith came out with HR 2164 because it has EXPOSED these groups like FAIR and NumbersUSA for what they are--sell-outs! Instead of telling Chairman Smith to dispense with the preemption and grandfathering clauses, they attack grass roots activists like us because the bill destroys 1070 and E-verify laws in the states! That shows how disconnected they are. It makes a mockery of the thousands of illegals fleeing Alabama and Georgia right now due to their 1070 laws going into or about to go into effect. It's because of their 1070 laws, not E-verify! 7 states have E-verify as mandatory and four of them have 1070 laws, too. Are the illegals fleeing MS, NC and TN? No! Why? E-verify alone won't cause illegals to leave a state--tough 1070 laws will!

I would bet that many Tea Party orgs will be against it once they find that the Chamber of Horrors helped kraft the bill and that the bill would take away power the states have with respect to illegal immigration, and insane move especially now that Chamber v. Whiting was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court giving the states "the E-verify go-ahead" (to put it in simplistic terms).

"Never has the movement been so divided!", were the words of Kansas Sec. of State, Kris Kobach in his viral youtube on June 22nd before the Missouri Eagle Forum.

Some of the following Congressmen must be made to realize that HR 2164 is a BAD bill and must either have the preemption clause removed and loopholes closed or they should pull their support for the bill.

They must see Kris Kobach's speech at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isf67ms4qjg

If for some reason you can't play the above youtube speech, here's Kobach's piece on HR 2164 at NRO

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/27 ... -field-k...

Here's the list of those supporting HR 2164 so far. There are probably others and I'll add them as they come in. The Congressmen in red are Co-Sponsors:

Rep. Sensenbrenner

Rep. Coble

Rep. Gallegly

Rep. Goodlatte

Rep. Lungren

Rep. Issa

Rep. Pence

Rep. Steve King

Rep. Gohmert

Rep. Jordan

Rep. Poe

Rep. Chaffetz

Rep. Griffin

Rep. Marino

Rep. Gowdy

Rep. Ross

Rep. Adams

Rep. Quayle

Rep. Hunter

Rep. Westmoreland

Rep. Roe

Rep. Jones

Rep. West

Rep. McClintock

Rep. McKeon

Rep. Pearce

If enough Congressmen currently supporting HR 2164 can be "turned", perhaps Rep. Smith will perhaps "listen" and remove the preemption clause and remove the clause that protects the 8 to 10 million illegals working for a paycheck in the U.S. by we highly doubt it.

However, if (as I suspect it will be) this dangerous bill is passed by the House, law and order Conservatives like us will have the unpleasant task of joining forces with the likes of Senate Leader Harry Reid and La Raza--not to mention the ACLU--in opposing the Act in the Senate.

A bad bill is a bad bill and sometimes, politics breeds strange bedfellows. We'll do what it takes to stop this bill from becoming law.

NOTE: I've added three more sell-out Republican Congressmen who've signed up as Co-Sponsors of this bill--Rep. Tom McClintock (R-CA), Rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA) and Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM). Notice that all three are in liberal-controlled states that don't have and will likely never have E-verify nor 1070 as state law. So, essentially, this is a "Big State vs Little State" battle with the big states' Congressmen not giving a hoot about what happens to the smaller states who've worked hard to pass their tougher versions of 1070 and E-verify.

We have to make sure that the little states win this battle.

Dave Levine

The Dave Levine Show

http://thedavelevineshow.ning.com/profi ... be-made-to

Faye Discusses Lamar Smith's HR 2164
    Ok, I've fiddled with this until I'm blue in the face. I may do one more thing and call Smith's office to get their opinion on the pre-emptive aspects of this bill before making a final decision, but as the bill stands, I cannot support it. We've been hoodwinked so many times and had victories trashed that I can't trust there will be amendments prior to passage or more laws forthcoming to maintain our 10th Amendment rights. And Arizona got a Supreme Court ruling on this. I can't support a bill that would undermine that. It looks like the bill has enough support from the big organizations and has a pretty fair chance of passing if it ever comes to the floor. It may not make it to the floor under the current situation with the debt ceiling crisis. You just never know with those congressional jokers playing tricks in the middle of the night. As much as we've wanted federally-mandated E-Verify, this is a compromise I can't, in good conscience, make. If it does pass as it is and we lose the protection of what we currently have and wind up being forced to accept God only knows what not even pertaining to illegal immigration, the only comfort I'll have is the ability to say, "I told you so."

http://concernedcitizenscoalition.blogs ... ?q=HR+2164
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

just saving this one for my archives.

I am pleading with you: If you are concerned about state preemption, tell your representative to fix it so that, if the federal government doesn't act within a specified time, the state has authority to act. Don't throw e-Verify out with an all or nothing approach! We have worked too long to get this even considered by do-nothing Congresses.

All illegals will do is move to another state without e-Verify and they will still cost you taxpayer dollars for benefits and services because of block grants to states.

Yes, other states could create their own bills, but look at the struggle and time frame it's taking just to kill the Maryland Dream Act. When e-Verify is federal law, the country speaks with one voice and there is no doubt to interlopers that we mean business, there are no loop holes in enforcement., which is spotty in the current state set-up.

It is far easier to improve legislation than get it passed in the first place.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong