Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Consequences of crackdown on undocumented immigrants

Put your hip-boots on and grab your shovel.

Consequences of crackdown on undocumented immigrants in the US
    canadaupdates.com
    by Michelle S
    September 19, 2011

United States, 19th September: Recent crackdown on undocumented immigration by the US is going spell big trouble for the nation.

Consider, for instance, the economy of Pennsylvania. This US state witnesses the arrival of several immigrants every year. And it is a complete myth that by making the state free from undocumented immigrant population, Pennsylvania would be able to provide job to almost all unemployed US workers.

Curbing immigration in Pennsylvania means lesser jobs for native Americans-- So, the point is that crackdown on immigrants, especially undocumented ones, will have a bad effect on the economy of Pennsylvania since immigrants with low skills are no match to majority of US workers.

They do not pose any competition to such Americans.

And the recent steps taken by the US administration to make the state clear of undocumented immigrants is going to prove disastrous for the state’s economy.

This becomes clear by taking into consideration the role played by low-skilled immigrants in industries like construction, retail, agriculture, tourism and landscaping.

All the above named industries are, more or less, reliant primarily on immigrants possessing low skills. And by removing such immigrant workers from the economy of Pennsylvania, the fate of such industries will be in doldrums leading to huge cuts in production and investment levels.

This will, in turn, restrict revenue earned by the government due reductions in the job opportunities for middle-class US-born workers.

Undocumented immigrants not behind criminal acts- Another point worth consideration is that contrary to a popular notion, undocumented immigrants are not the cause of criminal acts in Pennsylvania. Hence, there is no point in criminalizing immigrants engaged in honest work.

What is the solution- Now, we come to the point of any possible solutions to this predicament. The solution is introducing changes in the US immigration process to make it in accordance with the needs of the employment market of the nation.

The US must have a temporary foreign worker program that has a host of schemes allowing legal immigration to foreign workers.

This will make the system more open to legal US immigration, thereby, reducing the percentage of foreigners choosing undocumented means of coming to the US.

http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/co ... 16859.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article

This article looks like it was written by an eleven year old who was reading some of the pro-illegal alien talking points off of a card before having it proof read by her teacher for submission.

Legal and Illegal Immigrants take American jobs by the millions and also drive down wages for other Americans. When the labor pool is too large the wages and number of available jobs drops. It is simple math and this eleven year old should even be able to grasp that.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    This really should be funny for its absurdity.

Why am I not laughing?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Why is everything for the citizen a negative and everything for illegal immigrants a positive? I've had it with this bull!

Is this site the opposition site to the other Canada website that's on our side? Sorry I'm having a brain freeze as to the name of it. Canadaupdates makes me think of the fake alipac site.

This article is sooo wrong in so many ways, let me count the ways:

Undocumented immigrants not behind criminal acts- Another point worth consideration is that contrary to a popular notion, undocumented immigrants are not the cause of criminal acts in Pennsylvania. Hence, there is no point in criminalizing immigrants engaged in honest work.
    Seriously? Got proof that illegal aliens don't commit any criminal acts? Sorry honey, all you have to do is look who's in jail and what put them there. We have enough scumbags of our own, we don't need or want to import them.

This becomes clear by taking into consideration the role played by low-skilled immigrants in industries like construction, retail, agriculture, tourism and landscaping.
    Since when did construction become low-skilled? I'm willing to bet electricians, carpenters, masons, plumbers, et al would have a problem with being called "low-skilled"

As for the other jobs, there are millions of teenagers and high school drop outs who have done them in the past and will do them in future. These jobs used to pay more 20-30 years ago, than they do today, thanks to illegal alien cheap labor suppressing wages.

The US must have a temporary foreign worker program that has a host of schemes allowing legal immigration to foreign workers.
    We already have such a program. Foreign workers must apply from their home countries! Why do they refuse to do so? Coming here illegally to work MUST disqualify one from this program. It's meant as a temporary measure and not an excuse to bring the missus and produce jackpot spawn!

The ONLY solution is to do what Ike did and deport all illegal aliens, along with their families.

ONLY people who follow the rules should be allowed to emigrate to the US. NO EXCUSES!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Banned
    Since when did construction become low-skilled? I'm willing to bet electricians, carpenters, masons, plumbers, et al would have a problem with being called "low-skilled"
    If it takes such little skill , I would like to see this highly skilled individual finish some dry wall or concrete. How about wiring a High Rise or erecting a tilt wall warehouse? If they are so valuable we need to sign a new treaty with Canada. We can simply pass them through to them. There's a jobs bill for ya, High speed rail from Brownsville to Windsor. I got my rep working on it now.