Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SHAPKA

Seriously, I wasn't aware that we had some folks from the area on alipac until today.

If you're willing to brainstorm it and see if you can connect with some of the Protest Warriors.......let me know.

Perhaps you could do a thread asking who would be interested.

It's going to have to be sooner rather than later if it's to make an impact.

The pm is good to use for anything else.

your thoughts?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    SHAPKA

Seriously, I wasn't aware that we had some folks from the area on alipac until today.

If you're willing to brainstorm it and see if you can connect with some of the Protest Warriors.......let me know.

Perhaps you could do a thread asking who would be interested.

It's going to have to be sooner rather than later if it's to make an impact.

The pm is good to use for anything else.

your thoughts?
    Definitely.

I'm probably going to meet up with Tom Dolan-who leads all of the protests in Manhattan-this weekend, when he counters the anti-war rally at The Intrepid. He's from the Coastal New Jersey Chapter of Protest Warrior. I'll float this idea by him when I'm there. You should also get in touch with the UAC-United America Committee-which is very involved in promoting this issue. They staged an anti-Islamist rally at Ground Zero a few months ago, IIRC.

I have to tell you though, I'm not that good at organizing these things. You know, obtaining permits and such, which I've never done before. The problem I had with Free Republic's Tri-State leader was that she was completely incompetent. Even though she was able to obtain permits, it didn't matter, because no one bothered showing up to those events. They didn't want to deal with her personality, and she actively discouraged people from participating in counter-protests, which seems kind of odd when you consider the fact that she was the purported "chapter leader," albeit by default.

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

a few thoughts:

If the Protest Warriors can handle permits it would solve that prob.

You might be able to connect one group with the other and have them pull it together. Eliminates the "org" part of the situation. You seem like a contact person which is what it takes to increase numbers. That's really where the rubber meets the road. Give the org to someone else who's experienced.

I thought of YOU, lol, as my hands are truly overflowing and taking on one more thing will cut into responsibilities that I've agreed to already.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

a few thoughts:

If the Protest Warriors can handle permits it would solve that prob.

You might be able to connect one group with the other and have them pull it together. Eliminates the "org" part of the situation. You seem like a contact person which is what it takes to increase numbers. That's really where the rubber meets the road. Give the org to someone else who's experienced.

I thought of YOU, lol, as my hands are truly overflowing and taking on one more thing will cut into responsibilities that I've agreed to already.
    Gotcha.

Another idea might be to get the People's Cube do some investigative work/reportage.

The only problem is that I don't know if any of them habla Espanol.

:P

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=657

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=294

You have to go easy on me WHIPPER SNAPPER. I'm not familiar with it or many of the groups you've referenced, lol.

Why not simply ask them? Never know what capabilities exist until you explore.

Yeah, it sounds like something that can be put together.

You're being in NY in the center of the beast is a positive. Affords you a more accurate visual as well as a greater number of productive contacts.

You're being in NY in the center of the beast is a positive. Affords you a more accurate visual as well as a greater number of productive contacts.
    Maybe.

It's difficult organizing conservative groups, even when there's an issue, e.g. opposition to illegal immigration, which musters broad public support.

Most of the people that show up to PW events in New York are either from New Jersey, or from random groups unaffiliated with the organization itself, e.g. Liberal Hawks, the UAC, Rightmarch, the Young Republicans, occasionally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12