Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Constituents that have investments in illegal immigration

I can’t help wondering if our pro-illegal immigration constituents have some kind of investments in or connection to illegal immigration whether it’s families ties, domestically or business connections. Other wise, I do not understand how any American citizen could be for amnesty, a guest workers program leading to citizenship and automatic citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.
    How many others have investments?
    Sensenbrenner Under Fire -- Does Congressman Profit From Undocumented Labor?New America Media, News Analysis, Roberto Lovato, Posted: Oct 06, 2006
    Editor's Note: A look at Congressman James Sensenbrenner's stock holdings show investments in companies alleged to benefit from the work of undocumented immigrants, as well as firms contracted to build new border security measures. Roberto Lovato is a New America Media writer based in New York.

MILWAUKEE, Wis.--When President Bush signs into law a bill authorizing the construction of a 700-mile wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, one man stands to reap more than just political profit. Republican Congressman James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin, critics say, is also reaping financial profits from the very immigration policies he himself has championed.
    Immigration rights advocates, the congressman's Democratic opponent and some constituents are pointing to Sensenbrenner's investments in companies they say are generating profits from the labor of undocumented immigrants. They also say that Sensenbrenner stands to benefit from investments in companies contracted by the federal government to provide services he has proposed as part of his immigration reform legislation -- such as building massive immigrant detention centers or providing surveillance systems to monitor immigrants near the border.

An analysis of companies identified in Sensenbrenner's 2005 financial disclosure forms reveals that the congressman has invested in companies that have reportedly hired or subcontracted with employers who hire undocumented workers.

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/vi ... 0da8b850ca

City embraces illegal immigration instead of fighting it
    May 14, 2006 | Akron Beacon Journal
    Schools send notes home to parents in English and Spanish, and banks offer loan programs that allow undocumented immigrants to finance cars and even buy houses.

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/galion- ... 0Q2FFT/p32

Talent Supports Amnesty for Illegal Employers
    June 15, 2006

Talent Is Their #1 Senator To Fund in 2006

McCaskill Outlines Tough Plan to Secure Borders and Crack Down on Corporations That Employ Illegal Immigrants

ST. LOUIS -- U.S. Senate Candidate Claire McCaskill stated today that Senator Jim Talent supports amnesty for employers who give American jobs to illegal immigrants based on his issue position and record. Talent is listed as the number one Senator to fund by five big agricultural corporations, including Tyson Foods Inc., with ties to hiring illegal workers and, as a result, Talent has allowed illegal immigration enforcement to go by the wayside. McCaskill outlined her plan to crack down on those who violate our laws.

http://claireonline.com/pressRelease.jsp?key=260&t=

dyehard,

I've been thinking similar thoughts.

Maybe we should look at who is giving our candidates money. They are the puppet masters.

Think about it. If a candidate gets large contributions from the meat packing industry, then they are going to be less likely to inforce immigration laws.

We should hold their feet to the fire. If they are going to accept money from these industries, then the contributor should be signed up and using the Basic Piolot or IMAGE DHS employee screening programs.

My politicians should be working for me and not the elite at the top of the salary chain.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, remember that big corporate donors while sometimes 'prefer' to side with one party or the other, more often than not, will donate to BOTH - in order to play one side against the other to influence the legislative process (hey, why buy just one Representative or Senator when you can pay a bit more and get 2!).

Also, FYI... Don't know if anyone caught this yesterday, but Glenn Beck interviewed Mark Krikorian of CIS (Center for Immigration Studies - on 'our side' - www.cis.org) and he had some interesting things to say which I thought were somewhat new and interesting.

He pointed out that the issue of illegal immigration/immigration in general tends NOT to be a Republican vs. Democrat dichotomy. (In reality it is somewhat - where is the vocal group of Democratic Senators or Representatives on the issue, eh? At least some Republicans are speaking up publicly to do the right thing...)

Krikorian said that, instead, the issue tends to breakdown into an elite vs. common folks scenario. At least from my personal experience, I would say his analysis is fairly accurate. In any case, I'm glad I'm a registered Independent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was a debate between Mark and Tamar Jocaby on one of the C-span stations last week, but I could not find the debate on search. Here is one I did find.

http://www.nationalreview.com/debates/debates021403.asp

dyehard - Hey thanks for the link! - I'll check it out.

dyehard39 Wrote:
    Sensenbrenner Under Fire -- Does Congressman Profit From Undocumented Labor?New America Media, News Analysis, Roberto Lovato, Posted: Oct 06, 2006
    Editor's Note: A look at Congressman James Sensenbrenner's stock holdings show investments in companies alleged to benefit from the work of undocumented immigrants, as well as firms contracted to build new border security measures. Roberto Lovato is a New America Media writer based in New York.

MILWAUKEE, Wis.--When President Bush signs into law a bill authorizing the construction of a 700-mile wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, one man stands to reap more than just political profit. Republican Congressman James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin, critics say, is also reaping financial profits from the very immigration policies he himself has championed.
    Immigration rights advocates, the congressman's Democratic opponent and some constituents are pointing to Sensenbrenner's investments in companies they say are generating profits from the labor of undocumented immigrants. They also say that Sensenbrenner stands to benefit from investments in companies contracted by the federal government to provide services he has proposed as part of his immigration reform legislation -- such as building massive immigrant detention centers or providing surveillance systems to monitor immigrants near the border.

An analysis of companies identified in Sensenbrenner's 2005 financial disclosure forms reveals that the congressman has invested in companies that have reportedly hired or subcontracted with employers who hire undocumented workers.

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/vi ... 0da8b850ca

City embraces illegal immigration instead of fighting it
    May 14, 2006 | Akron Beacon Journal
    Schools send notes home to parents in English and Spanish, and banks offer loan programs that allow undocumented immigrants to finance cars and even buy houses.

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/galion- ... 0Q2FFT/p32
    I read this last year, I don`t remember where it was.
    ------------------------