Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have the same situation here, that existed back in the late 1700’s where there were 13 independent colony/states, that all had the basic concept of unity of purpose in mind, to create a single nation. In our case it will be a single unified Conservative Party with the one goal of returning our nation to it’s true Constitutional roots, as a Representative Republic.

If the different Conservative movements could use those same precepts as a model to draw together, and present a broad united front, unified in the basic commonality (The Constitution), they would be a powerful entity, that no other political Party could stand against. The people would regain the ability to once again be in control of their government, as well as hold the Federal Government to the limitations as set forth in the constitution, as it was written.

Once again patriotic freedom loving, people in America, will have to pull together in a common cause to face down tyranny, and oppression that aims to enslave us all, by taking away the Liberties, and Rights, as envisioned by our founding fathers.

Where would our country be today if say at the founding of our nation, the colony of New York insisted that our nation be called “The United States of New York”, or if Virginia, wouldn’t join the union of the other 12 colony’s unless the new nation was named “The United States of Virginia”, or if New Jersey insisted that poached eggs only be cracked open on the little end, while Georgia demanded they be opened on the large end? Do you see the pettiness and complete folly of such divisions, when your whole nations future hangs by a thread?

Make it a goal to return States Rights back to the individual States, and deal with those issues at the State level, if California wants to speak Spanish, and practice alternative life styles, let-em have at it. If Alabama wants to plaster the walls of their State House, with pages of the Bible, let the voters in that State make that decision. Those are things that should be decided at the State level, by the people of that State, if Alaska, Oregon, and Nevada want to smoke their dope, why should it be a concern to people in Texas?

The Federal Government has consolidated, and centralized all the power to themselves, and they try to be all things to all people, and wind up being nothing to everybody, except an out of control runaway monstrosity, that seeks to destroy all that we believe in, and care about (FREEDOM)

If we don’t reform this country from the ballet box, (and soon) our only alternative will be to reform it from the ammo box, and only the Anarchist will be thrilled about that.

Bit-o-Ruckus
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

Bit o' Ruckus, you've got my vote. Agree wholeheartedly that we've got to come together under the banner of "conservative". Afterall, a conservative allows for states' rights, which means more freedom of expression. It's always seemed to me that the "liberals" were the closed-minded ones with their beliefs in a large federal bureaucracy. Too many people think of conservatives as the narrow-minded, war-mongering types. In actuallity, nothing could be farther from the truth. I recall Pat Buchanan, a conservative, opposed going to war with Iraq. But once you're in it, you can't cut and run. We need someone who can bring all conservatives into one America-first party. Once the illegal invasion is stoppped, then we can work out the other details for getting this country back to the Constitution and our basic belief in state's rights.

It appears some haven't found what I found. What I found by researching the CP is that they seem to be more conservatives than most who call themselves conservatives today! Of course, not only did I read each and every link on their website, I've literally made dozens of long-distance phone calls asking about their standing on many "conservative" issues. And what I've found is that they are "more conservative than most conservatives".

People will never take something at face value based upon what another says. It must be researched and discovered for themselves to be "believable".

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    It appears some haven't found what I found. What I found by researching the CP is that they seem to be more conservatives than most who call themselves conservatives today! Of course, not only did I read each and every link on their website, I've literally made dozens of long-distance phone calls asking about their standing on many "conservative" issues. And what I've found is that they are "more conservative than most conservatives".

People will never take something at face value based upon what another says. It must be researched and discovered for themselves to be "believable".

Kurt
    I've read their ideology on their website. I've read the platforms of other parties. I'm not getting involved in party loyalty ever again. I'm loyal to PEOPLE with the same opinions, for the most part, that I hold. There will never be someone who espouses the exact same things that I do. But, there are some, like Simcox and Tancredo, that I support. So if they run on different parties' tickets, I will vote for the individual instead of the party.

Concernedveteran ….I just read the platform of the Constitution Party. From the link you provided …First I must say that I have had it up to here with the Dems and the Reps of today but I can not indorse a party that wants a government without compassion and a total lack of any concern for the common good of its citizens. I am now firmly in the Theodore Roosevelt camp
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

I don’t promote any political Party, I’m simply trying to promote a concept, an idea to jumpstart several fragmented groups to come together, and find common ground, in order to save our nation.

If you know anything about your history we had a couple of fellows who got both of their names signed in all the right places, to help create this nation, (Hamilton, and Jefferson) and these two guys didn’t see eye to eye on a whole lot of things, and remained lifelong antagonist to the day they died, but they came through well enough to help start a country.

I’m just trying to put fourth an idea on how to save a country.

The Constitution Party is a fine bunch of folks, and hopefully they can get enough passengers on board with buckets, before the boat sinks.

I align my self with “GodHelpUs” I don’t vote party, I vote person.

bit-o-Ruckus
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    How does this party feel about lobbying? How does the party feel about Iraq, Iran and China? Do they feel we should tell China that we will boycott their imports until they prove to the world that they no longer have sweat shops?

There's a lot of questions that could be answered. I'm intrested and have said on many occassion in this forum that we need a third party. The Independence Party needs to make their platform known in some degree of detail.
    The Independence Party?

Do you mean the one in New York?

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12