Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Construction Workers Displaced by Guest Worker Program

Construction workers in South Florida are thrown out of construction jobs working on a new hotel project. Who got the work instead? Guest workers from Mexico brought in under the H2-B visa program which is intended for seasonal workers only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc9IGnH6 ... re=related

This is awful and it goes on across our nation.

Galatians 6:9
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Get these companies in the pocket book!

I think it is going to get to the point that American workers are going to protest the companles that replace them with illegals. Additionally, the American people must let the companies that treat our legal American workers like dirt know that when the projects are completed that the American people will not financially support their businesses.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But think about all the displaced American workers before the Construction Worker who have loss their JOBS.

The video also stated that there is a 10 day waiting period for utilizing H-2B workers in order to be sure that the jobs are not denied to American citizens. This is such a short period of time that it makes it impossible to get word out to laid off Americans where and when hiring is going on, and makes it more likely that by the time the openings are known to the public, the H-2B's are already hired.

This nasty little provision just reeks of the George Bush "revamp" of this program I heard about last year and Michael Chertoff's infamous "failure filled" policies (guys, I know that Michael Chertoff was not responsible for the decision making George Bush put into this, but Chertoff participated just a little too much if you get my drift.)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/A-Makeove ... .html?.v=2

A Makeover for Immigration Policy?

Another sticking point in the debate over a new bill will be whether to expand guest worker programs for both highly skilled and less-skilled immigrants under the H-1B and H-2B visa programs. The labor union groups AFL-CIO and Change to Win announced a unified stance earlier this month on a plan that would reform but not augment guest worker programs. President Obama has also indicated he does not want additional guest workers in a new bill.

Strong Demand for Guest Workers

"The current broken system has given rise to a three-tier caste worker system in America: citizens, guest workers, and undocumented workers," said Eliseo Medina, executive vice-president of the Service Employees International Union. "This onerous system depresses wages for all workers because too many employers seek out the cheapest, most vulnerable workers in order to gain a competitive advantage." The union groups say that instead of increasing the number of work visas, a government commission should regulate immigration flows according to the economy's needs. That isn't likely to please employers in industries from nursing to food processing to farming, who want to expand guest worker programs. They say they desperately need additional employees.

This is JUST Horrible and I'm past pissed!
    I sent it to Obama's change website where they take suggestions.
    There's a couple more suggestions I'd like to make but I would get in trouble.
    I have smoke coming out my ears over this. My other choice would be to cry.....

On a good note Obama has REALLY pissed off the Dems this week!
    How can anyone like this puke now, even if they did before.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    More U.S. workers thrown out of a job to accomodate "guest workers." Our government failed us again.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.