Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Contact National Education Assoc. about their DREAM Support!

According to NUMBERS USA, the National Education Association (NEA) is one of the pro-Dream Act organizations which has been invited by Sen. Durbin to come to the Capitol this afternoon to "testify" to members of Congress about S. 2205.

Contact information for the NEA is given below. If you have a child or children now in our public school system - from K. through college - it might be especially effective to let our public school teachers' professional organization know that many Americans do NOT support the DREAM ACT!

NEA: NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
    1201 16th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20036-3290
    Telephone: (202) 833-4000
    FAX: (202) 822-7974
    E-Mail Contact Form is provided: scroll down to "Contact Us" at bottom of their Home Page.
    http://www.nea.org/index.html

According to an entry on the "Dream Act Portal Forum" of today's date,
    "National Education Association President Reg Weaver is 'threatening political consequences for lawmakers who oppose the measure' (the Dream Act)." Other citizens and legal residents might like to let the NEA know that we do not like having our lawmakers threatened in this manner!

An interesting fact from the NEA home page is: NEA President Reg Weaver "began a second term as Education International (EI) vice president at the organization's World Congress in Berlin this past July." I for one had not realized that United States public school teachers are now also members of an international union.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    I just spoke to Pat in Weaver's office and gave her my opinion on threatening lawmakers who oppose the Dream Act. She asked if I was a member and took my name and state. She sounded stunned. PLZ CALL!!!!!!

I followed the link to this

I first went to this link. http://www.nea.org/index.html
    Then when I sent an email about Weaver I saw this link.

http://www.scholarshipsforhispanics.org/
    October 2, 2007 - Hispanic Publishers' Foundation Announces GMAC SmartEdge Winners (Espanol)

It's too much to post so it's easier if you read it from the link. But here is the AWARD WINNING ESSAY.
    English version:

The Laughter

By Maria Murillo

What inevitably comes to my mind when I think of Latin Americans in general is their laughter that is constantly echoing through a room. This laughter is no ordinary laughter; it is a laughter that fills up the room, laughter so loud that it almost reaches the point of obnoxiousness. It is a contagious laughter, one that will make a smile, even a small one, creep from the corner of someone’s lips. Even now the reader of this essay is probably smiling because he or she has been hit with this contagious laugh once before.

Latin American culture, along with its laughter, has become contagious in the United States. The dynamic, bold aspects of Latin American culture are represented around every corner, in every person. We are people who take pride in our past and in the customs that make up our way of life. We are not ashamed to hide the music, religion, cuisine, art, and dance that make up our culture, we are constantly celebrating it. From El DÃ*a de los Santos Reyes al Carnaval al Grito de Dolores, we are constantly celebrating, so that the memories of our past will not be forgotten by future gener ations.

In this way Latin America has influenced the U.S. Coming to the United States could mean the end of many customs and traditions. But Latin Americans bring with them the customs that have influenced their childhood, so that their children can enjoy their past and perceive its beauty. States that are dominated by Latin American immigrants such as Florida, New York, California, and Texas are witnesses to these celebrations. For example, almost every citizen in these states is familiar with the concept of a Quinceañera. This is because Latin Americans always receive their neighbors with open arms and a warm heart that helps to encourage the spread of their culture.

The pride we take in our past, in our culture is not something that can easily be explained with words. The best way to experience the pride that has influenced the U.S. is by opening your eyes. Anywhere where Latin Americans call home will inevitably be a representation and celebration of the dynamic, bold past that has made us the way we are today: loving, open-minded, and joyful.

I am proud to say that I am guilty of having laughed the obnoxious laugh that many Latin Americans share. It is as much a part of my life as every other aspect of my Mexican heritage. I am thrilled to know that what makes my life special and different can become a part of someone else’s life too. I want nothing more than to share with others my unique culture, la cultura que me hace a mÃ* lo que soy, lo que me hace feliz.
    We the People. You the Invader

Please take your Latin American crap back to Latin America, I would think your report should have been what it means to you to be an American. and the first thing is to come here legally, The second is don't shove your culture down our throat, we like the one America has had for over 300 years!!

------------ACTION ALERT! ----------------------
    10/24"DREAM ACT" AS A STAND ALONE BILL" HELP STOP IT NOW!!
    VOTING CLOCTURE TODAY !!! CALL

Link to action thread!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=87045
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)