Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Could You Pass Citizenship test?

Thought anyone might get a kick out of this!

I got 15!

http://noticias.aol.com/inmigracion/quiz/citizenship
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

OH YES. I HAVE SEEN THE CITIZENSHIP TEST. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO IMMIGRATED HERE LEGALLY AND BECAME CITIZENS. I HELPED SOME OF THEM STUDY FOR IT. ITS PRETTY EASY.

I REALLY THINK IT SHOULD BE HARDER. BTW, IMMIGRANTS ARE GIVEN A BOOKLET WITH ALL THE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS THEY MIGHT BE ASKED. ITS NOT A POP QUIZ OR ANYTHING. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS STUDY THE BOOKLET. ITS LIKE TAKING A DRIVERS TEST. ALL THE TEST QUESTIONS ARE CONTAINED IN THE BOOKLET....YOU JUST LEARN IT AND TAKE THE TEST.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And it's time to STOP having anyone SWORN in as an AMERICAN in FOREIGN languages! Several years ago I witnessed such an event outside the Dallas, TX, City Hall, where SPANISH was employed in naturalizing OVER 750 immigrants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    And it's time to STOP having anyone SWORN in as an AMERICAN in FOREIGN languages! Several years ago I witnessed such an event outside the Dallas, TX, City Hall, where SPANISH was employed in naturalizing OVER 750 immigrants!!!
    I AGREE COMPLETELY. CITIZENSHIP CEREMONIES IN SPANISH!!!! OR ANY FOREIGN LANGUAGE. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH BY THE TIME THEY BECOME CITIZENS. CONDUCTING THE CEREMONY IN SPANISH TELLS ME THAT RULE IS NOT BEING OBSERVED.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The oath of allegiance is:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

In some cases, USCIS allows the oath to be taken without the clauses:

". . .that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by law. . ."
    I have to agree with you on this one...That is BS to do it in any other language then ENGLISH.......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

This is silly

Seriously, it doesn't make you a better citizen to know that there are 435 members of the House, or that each state gets two Senators, or that the President is elected by the Electoral College. They should really ask questions that pertain to how the government operates (or is supposed to operate) Does Congress have the power to dismiss a military officer? Does the President have the power to not build a bridge for which appropriations were made in a bill? Does a policeman have an unqualified right to enter your home?

There really ought to be some form of citizenship test when you first register to vote.