First off, this past weekend, I was reading the local newspaper in a small town near where I live. There is a large poultry processing operation there - lots of illegals work there and have for quite a while.

I saw a large ad from an out of town law firm stating they were looking for people who had worked at the plant for a period of time about 5 years back. It seems some employees were not paid as much as they should have been and some employees might have some money due them.

This ad was in English as well as Spanish.

Is it possible these 'hardworing people' are going to turn on their employers? I certainly hope so.

Another story -

About 5 years ago, my son worked with a man of Mexican decent. The man said he was legal and my son believed him to be. He was born in Mexico and his father and brothers remained in Mexico.

He told my son the American government had been paying his father for years NOT to farm his land. He said when his father died and he and his brothers inherited the land, the American government continued to pay them not to farm the land. He said each year he had to return to Mexico and he and his brothers signed an agreement with the American government stating they would not farm this land. He said he received a check each year from the USDA for about $18K.

He said he didn't need the money, so he was just putting it in a college fund of his kids!!!

Has anyone else heard of this?