Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Courting Hispanic Swing Votes?

Take a look at this pie charts provided to this story. I think the story has already been posted. These numbers have to include illegal invaders who have no legal right to cast a vote. Is this an example of padding the numbers to make it appear as if hispanics have more of an influence over this election than in reality?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080713/...q9qynFm.fCw5R4
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those stats are from the US Census Bureau. I'm pretty sure that census counts people regardless of citizenship status. That is one of the arguments regarding the House of Representatives. Seats are based on number of people, regardless of citzenship. So, even if illegals and non- citizens supposedly cannot vote, they still have "a voice" through the House of Representatives. With the high number of illegals we have, this could be a big problem IMO.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Those stats are from the US Census Bureau. I'm pretty sure that census counts people regardless of citizenship status. That is one of the arguments regarding the House of Representatives. Seats are based on number of people, regardless of citzenship. So, even if illegals and non- citizens supposedly cannot vote, they still have "a voice" through the House of Representatives. With the high number of illegals we have, this could be a big problem IMO.
    Is this info current? This is why it's imperative that we clean both houses of Congress. It's time that U.S. citizens DEMAND our elected leaders represent US and not racist ethnic based lobbyists or greedy employers!

In addition, the media should really stop swallowing all the propoganda from such organizations as laraza, as the whole truth. Such organizations have a racial agenda; they do NOT represent the entire everyone equally. even the different latino cultures. They are FOR mexicans and mostly illegal alien mexicans at that.

I resent being lumped into that group, I find it insulting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Those stats are from the US Census Bureau. I'm pretty sure that census counts people regardless of citizenship status. That is one of the arguments regarding the House of Representatives. Seats are based on number of people, regardless of citzenship. So, even if illegals and non- citizens (supposedly) cannot vote, they still have "a voice" through the House of Representatives. With the high number of illegals we have, this could be a big problem IMO.
    Your exactly right Disillusioned! US Census does not distinguish between legal and illegal and in turn, census numbers are used to determine how many seats in the US House of Reps each state will receive.

It's quite possible there are reps sitting in the House right now that were elected to represent districts comprised almost entirely of illegal invaders.

One example is Loretta Sanchez and the 47th district she represents which is Santa Ana, California. This woman has been in power for over ten years, promoting the interests of illegal invaders!

SA is probably 80% hispanic with probably 50% of those being illegal (These numbers could actually be higher). Who's interests do you think this pro-illegal invader, so called "represenative" is looking out for? See for yourself...

Here is her immigration report card:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/...CA47&VIPID=126

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Is this info current? This is why it's imperative that we clean both houses of Congress. It's time that U.S. citizens DEMAND our elected leaders represent US and not racist ethnic based lobbyists or greedy employers!

In addition, the media should really stop swallowing all the propoganda from such organizations as laraza, as the whole truth. Such organizations have a racial agenda; they do NOT represent the entire everyone equally. even the different latino cultures. They are FOR mexicans and mostly illegal alien mexicans at that.

The census info in the news article NoBueno posted was from May, 2008.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

The census info in the news article NoBueno posted was from May, 2008.
    The issue seems to be what these numbers actually mean in the context of those who are allowed to legally vote as the title of the graph would have one believe.

For example, the pie chart indicates hispanics make up 44% of the total population in New Mexico. However, how many of those hispanic living in New Mexico are entitled to vote? Does this number also include illegals who are not entitled to vote?

Is it possible this data was presented in a manner to mislead the reader into believing hispanics will play a greater role in swing states than they actually will. That's my concern...

I agree with you, NoBueno, and it concerns me too. I also wonder how many of the illegals are voting?