Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some illegals name their kids after themselves.
    This allows them to use their child's SS#.

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    I never thought of that one!! That would work really well huh!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, sad but true.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/side2/3502003.html

"To get the Social Security card he needed for his first job in America, all Francisco had to do was go to the flea market on Airline Drive and fork over $30 to a man who was selling them.

In another instance, a woman worked late into the night, painstakingly altering her U.S.-born child's card so she could use it as her own to search for a job.

Others name their newborn children after themselves so they can use the infant's card without having to worry about the name and number coming back as invalid in the rare case anyone checks."

This information is taken from the Social Security website.

Question

What happens if I use someone else's Social Security number rather than my own?

Answer

Misuse of another individual's SSN is a violation of federal law and may lead to fines and/or imprisonment and disregarding the work authorization provisions printed on your Social Security card may be a violation of federal immigration law. Violations of applicable law regarding Social Security number fraud and misuse are serious crimes and will be prosecuted.

The following provisions of law deal directly with Social Security number fraud and misuse:

• Social Security Act: In December 1981, Congress passed a bill to amend the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1981 to restore minimum benefits under the Social Security Act. In addition, the Act made it a felony to
    …willfully, knowingly, and with intent to deceive the Commissioner of Social Security as to his true identity (or the true identity of any other person) furnishes or causes to be furnished false information to the Commissioner of Social Security with respect to any information required by the Commissioner of Social Security in connection with the establishment and maintenance of the records provided for in section 405(c)(2) of this title.

Violators of this provision, Section 208(a)(6) of the Social Security Act, shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both.

• Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act: In October 1998, Congress passed the Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act (Public Law 105-31 to address the problem of identity theft. Specifically, the Act made it a federal crime when anyone
    …knowingly transfers or uses, without lawful authority, a means of identification of another person with the intent to commit, or to aid or abet, any unlawful activity that constitutes a violation of federal law, or that constitutes a felony under any applicable state or local law.

Violations of the Act are investigated by Federal investigative agencies such as the U.S. Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and prosecuted by the Department of Justice.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    What a trick! Are you aware of other tactics? It sure would be great to find people who know the tricks employed--and I can't help but wonder if there are some liberal supporters who might have taught them some of these. E.g. the best ways to sponge off domestic or local benefit programs. In any vast deviant subculture there usually are a number of tricky, savvy minds that guide others.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another reason the gov't needs to stop people from using SSNs that don't belong to them: I read an article about 2 brothers, both from Mexico, who were living in 2 different states but using the same SSN. The SSN belonged to their father, who was a legal resident, but living in Mexico. They admitted they were using his SSN so when he is old enough he can collect social security from the U.S. with not only son #1s earnings on it, but also son #2s. Nice. And even though they were both working in different states at the same time (not physically possible for 1 person to do) both of their earnings were showing up on the father's yearly statement showing how much he will be "entitled" to when he "retires".

Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    Another reason the gov't needs to stop people from using SSNs that don't belong to them: I read an article about 2 brothers, both from Mexico, who were living in 2 different states but using the same SSN. The SSN belonged to their father, who was a legal resident, but living in Mexico. They admitted they were using his SSN so when he is old enough he can collect social security from the U.S. with not only son #1s earnings on it, but also son #2s. Nice. And even though they were both working in different states at the same time (not physically possible for 1 person to do) both of their earnings were showing up on the father's yearly statement showing how much he will be "entitled" to when he "retires".
    Just your normal run of the mill Mexican family values? In my house, it was called having no honor. It still is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Having two people use your SS number? I reckon that is similar to having two spuses, also---one US, one in Mexico. I've heard that's pretty common, too.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Do you really think the government will do anything about it, if an ILLEGAL is using your ss card, YOU have to prove it is yours.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

I think the underlying point which goes unrecognized all too often, is that the SSA could eliminate a lot of the 'gaming' people do with respect to SSNs and work permission/ID theft, etc.

If they would just:

a). implement policies to investigate and resolve suspicious work activity with regard to an SSN

b). cooperate with IRS and ICE fully in support of (a); I'd bet that about 75%-90% of this type of fraud would eventually 'go away'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12