Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan: US House-Religious Worker Visa Extension Debate

Happening now (10:20am PT)

Conyers on floor speaking.

Just FYI, if anyone is interested.

(It's one that is abused often - much more than you probably hear about).

Ah, Conyers, just mentioned 'abuses' in the program.

Lofgren is at least in part pushing for extension.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, this could be interesting...

Steve King (R-IA) now has the floor

You can guess he'll ask some hard questions...

Yep, he just said so. "I have some reservations about these religious worker visas..."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lamar Smith (US Representative) that recently did the pandering (read 'sell-out') of high-tech/IT American workers.. is now speaking... (10:25am PT)

Says 33% of visas issued under the religious program to be subject to some type of fraud.... etc.

Conyers speaking - thanking Lofgren,

Now Lofgren speaking againg (10:26am PT)

Says 33% of visas issued under the religious program to be subject to some type of fraud.... etc.
    Great, more people to get free everything and NOT pay taxes. We'll also get more lousy drivers on the road.

CA is on the floor, gee who would have thought she'd be for MORE visa's!

With everything that's going on in this country how the hell did this issue get time to be wasted on?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

WorriedAmerican - The abuses by churches is RAMPANT. We have big churches here in my area that are big 'users' (being generous in my assumptions here...) of these programs. We have churches that are ethnically Eastern Orthodox (Ukranian, Russian, Romanian, etc).

These groups also represent another region of contribution of illegals in my area (the basic regions are: Central/South America, then Asia-SE, India, China, and finally, the Eastern EU/former Soviet Republics - in roughly that order).

I am most concerned about the chain migration aspect of these abuses. .

PhredE
    WorriedAmerican - The abuses by churches is RAMPANT. We have churches that are ethnically Eastern Orthodox (Ukranian, Russian, Romanian, etc).

These groups also represent another region of contribution of illegals in my area (the basic regions are: Central/South America, then Asia-SE, India, China, and finally, the Eastern EU/former Soviet Republics - in roughly that order).
    Holy crap!!! I'm glad I live in Maine....

We only have about 3 cities with any religious groups other than the norms. They would be Portland, Lewiston, and Bangor. I stay away from all 3.

Many churches here, especially Catholic ones, are closed or closing. Priests do two or three church sermons at different churches on Sunday's.
    I'm not sure if people are losing faith or now see the hypocrisy in the ministers, Priests, etc.....

Many ministers/Priests are also alcoholics. I always thought it was their guilty conscience.

My brother WAS a Born Again until his son caught their minister in a back seat of a Cadillac doing the church secretary. His brother-in-law, the missionary. was caught with a teacher at the church school...

His church had a poster that said, "Catholicism is a sin."

I live in the sticks and prefer not to join the rat race.
    In my town we train rats for circus's. LOL

There are 1500 people and that's about 1000 to many for me! I prefer not to deal with stop lights or lines at a cash register. Any chaos in my life is mine.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris