Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dixie: I missed most of the Byrd speech due to some plumbing work I needed to revisit unexpectedly (leaky valve/faucet).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, it looks as though the Water Resources bill will occupy all of today by the pace of progress. I'm going to break away for other things, and if, for some reason the DREAM act is brought up, then I'll resume posting on this thread again (for today).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reid said there will be no more votes today but they are moving to as new piece of legislation.

Dixie

Re: CSpan2 - Senate Convenes 11:00am PT 9/24/07

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    While I will monitor the activity in the Senate for the possibility of Durbin bringing up the DREAM act, in the meanwhile they are just doing more debate on the DoD Appropriations and related stuff. So, to be clear, I have observed no mention of the DREAM act so far today.

If and when it should be introduced (and if I'm still available to be on the board today) you can rest assured that I'll post the play-by-play here in this thread.

So, if you want the latest on the Senate and DREAM Act activity today, check back here in this thread for the latest info.

Thanks.
    PhredE, Dixie, thank you so much for your service.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're welcome!

Plus, it gives folks another reason to stop in and see the latest on the subject matter too...

Rest assured, we'll be on top of things when (if?) they do happen...

Now their talking about the SCHIP Act.

See the earlier post about this bill.
    We the People. You the Invader

Your welcome!

For the night, the Senate is ajourned until 10am tomorrow.

12:30-2:15 will be used for resolving some committee business.

HR 1585 will continue to be discussed this week.

I missed part of this because the phone rang.

Dixie

Anybody still watching CSpan2?

They switched to a recorded version of an event at the US CoC (Chamber of Commerce). Ben Bernanke is speaking. He was introduced by Tom "Dumber than a Box of Rocks" Donohue (Pres. of US CoC).

Not me! I turn it off as fast as I can.

Tuesday, Sep 25, 2007

10:00 a.m.: Convene and begin a period of morning business.

Thereafter, resume consideration of H.R. 1585, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008.

Dream act

Keep calling Senator Durbins office keep his lines locked up and say no to Dream act when you call his office in DC tell them your name and tell them you're from Chicago zip 60604. That way they'll take you down as a no vote coming from his State. You can do the same thing when calling other Senators and using their city and Zip. If you email use 134 Main St their city State and zip. Every City has a 134 main st.

Senator Durbin is still trying to get the support from others, and I would say that is the reason that it hasn't been brought up. He's still trying to get the few that are riding the fence to his side, buying their votes. So keep the pressure up on him and the other Senators., lock their phones up. Lets beat this dead horse down once and for all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12