Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan2 - Senate Convenes 6:00am PT 9/27/07

[Creating thread in advance - 5:50am; note I won't be able to post here all day folks, sorry - other things to do today]

Hopefully, people will collectively help monitor CSpan2 for developments. I think until the DoD Appropriations bill is fully taken care of, the likelihood of the DA appearing back on the radar is fairly small. But, having said that, there is still plenty of reason to monitor developments in the meantime..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Convenes 6:00am PT.

Kennedy speaking about schedule (5 votes total) -

Votes scheduled for 8:00am PT (Hate Crimes), then, later SCHIP .

Kennedy now speaking about SCHIP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hatch speaking on SCHIP 6:20am PT.

Today when we call congress

We say no to SCHIP and no to the Dream act and no to the hate bill. What's the hate bill number?
    We the People. You the Invader

I am not sure if this is the hate crimes bill as it is now. S. 1105 - I had to look at different sources/blogs to locate.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:S.1105:

http://www.hatecrimesbill.org/

http://www.hslda.org/Legislation/Nation ... efault.asp

I hope this helps houston.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

(quote)

1st Session

S. 1105

To provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

April 12, 2007

Mr. KENNEDY (for himself, Mr. SMITH, Mr. LEAHY, Mr. SPECTER, Ms. MIKULSKI, Ms. COLLINS, Mr. MENENDEZ, Ms. SNOWE, Mr. BROWN, Mr. KERRY, Mr. DURBIN, Mr. LAUTENBERG, Mr. DODD, Mr. NELSON of Nebraska, Mrs. FEINSTEIN, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. HARKIN, Mr. WHITEHOUSE, Ms. STABENOW, Mr. BIDEN, Mrs. MURRAY, Mr. BAYH, Ms. CANTWELL, Mr. CARDIN, Mr. LIEBERMAN, Mr. REED, Mr. SCHUMER, Mr. OBAMA, Mrs. BOXER, Ms. KLOBUCHAR, Mr. AKAKA, Mr. BINGAMAN, Mrs. CLINTON, Ms. LANDRIEU, Mr. ROCKEFELLER, Mrs. LINCOLN, Mr. CASEY, Mrs. MCCASKILL, Mr. INOUYE, Mr. NELSON of Florida, Mr. SALAZAR, and Mr. JOHNSON) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Matthew Shepard Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress makes the following findings:

(1) The incidence of violence motivated by the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim poses a serious national problem.

(2) Such violence disrupts the tranquility and safety of communities and is deeply divisive.

(3) State and local authorities are now and will continue to be responsible for prosecuting the overwhelming majority of violent crimes in the United States, including violent crimes motivated by bias. These authorities can carry out their responsibilities more effectively with greater Federal assistance.

(quote) snip

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =s110-1105
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Teddy just mentioned the Dream Act and that it should be discussed because of the military part of it....

Gordon Smith (Or) is now talking about the importance of the hate crimes bill being part of DOD
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

I'm still on hold with Cornyns office

I sure hope it's because Americans are calling Cornyns office and not the illegals........
    We the People. You the Invader

I don't think Kennedy's Hate Crimes Amendment will pass. He's on the floor now. Watch him start hollering and screaming.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I think they're voting on Cloture for Kennedy's hate crime amendment right now.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast