Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan2 - US Senate Convenes 7:00am PT 10/23/07

Just beginning for the day.

Follow along in real-time at:

http://www.cspan.org (then select appropriate viewer, video stream - in lower right of main page)

--------------------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be posting updates here in real-time this morning. It is possible I can't maintain the thread continuously into the afternoon or evening. But hey, I should be around for the next few hours.

Any mention of DREAM Act related activity will be included; under normal circumstances I won't include other statements.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reid (who normally would be speaking) is not on the floor.

Mitch McConnell is speaking now instead. He is honoring the Marine victims of the 1983 Lebanon blast.

7:05am PT

Resuming with bill 3043 - Labor/HHS bill.

Harkin speaking.

7:06am

Enzi amend. 3437 to be debated;

DeMint 3387 amend "

Roberts 3365 amend "

3358 Coburn amend "

Followed by voting on these amendments...

Enzi speaking about his amend to Labor/HHS bill

Update: 7:37am PT -

Various exchanges between Frankenstein (Feinstein), Specter, Enzi, etc.

Roberts Amendment and then to the DeMint Amendment...

Dixie

Let me interject some DREAM Act related comments here -

The monitoring plan here today:

If, for some reason, I get diverted away from continuous coverage of the senate today (it could happen...) what folks should look for is the following:

A Reid or Durbin mention of one or any combination of the below:

1. S2205 and/or
    2. the "DREAM Act" and/or
    3. A descriptive title that will be referenced as in "... a Bill to provide relief or cancellation of removal, of certain alien minors"

If anyone sees such a reference from the senate activity, but does not see my coverage of it, please do post a brief comment summarizing what was said. Chances are, I will be here and catch it, but just in case....

Dixie - to keep things 'clean' in this thread, unless it covers the DA directly I won't post anything - except maybe a brief Update type remark letting everyone know that I'm on and continue to monitor... Just FYI

(I've made the mistake in the past, of pasting all senate activity in to such a thread - even when it wasn't germane to the topic at hand. So, I just wanted to cut down on the 'background noise' and keep the coverage as clear as possible)

Update/Explanation: That is because I want people to focus on their calls as opposed to monitoring this thread, and also, I can make calls instead of having to post constantly here.

Just wanted to say "Good morning" and Phred so glad you are here. On to start my calls will check in later!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They are saying they have three amendments left to vote on and they want to conclude this bill by 12:30 EST.

They will likely break for Lunch. Then the next bill can come up.

We beleive that will be S2205 The Dream Act.

Dixie

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast