Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks USPatriot, that's basically what I've suspected.

Have you tried just the audio ("radio") streaming instead of the video ?
    (That might work better because the data stream volume should be much less...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Thanks USPatriot, that's basically what I've suspected.

Have you tried just the audio ("radio") streaming instead of the video ?
    (That might work better because the data stream volume should be much less...)
    Phrede I reset my bandwidth for RealPlayer and nothing works. It keeps timing out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gogo: ( and others trying to follow the CSpan feed via Video streaming and/or audio streaming).

Links/Info from CSpan web site (main page):

1. Help link: http://www.cspan.org/watch/help.asp

2. In their help section, they specifically mention RealPlayer and specific versions. They recommend to update to 10 or 10.5 if you haven't already.
    There's more information and link to update in the page I mention above.

Thanks Gogo.

Thanks Phrede maybe the update is what I need. Later I need to call and fax. I'll check it later.

UPDate:

Date: Tuesday 23oct07 noon

Senators invited to meet with illegal aliens this afternoon to persuade them to vote amnesty Wed.

UPDATE

Open-borders Senators have plummeted to a new low in advocating amnesty by aiding, abetting and harboring a group of illegal aliens in our United States Capitol today!

Sen. Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.) and Sen. Hagel (R-Neb.) have invited Senators and their staffers to a meeting at 3 p.m. today to learn why they need to pass the DREAM Act amnesty on Wednesday.

Briefing the Senators in the Capitol will be:

# "Several students who would benefit from the DREAM Act"
    # Angela Kelley, Director, Immigration Policy Center
    # Melissa Lazarin, Director of Education Policy, First Focus
    # Alfred Campos, Federal Lobbyist, National Education Association
    # Stephanie Grosser, Outreach & Program Coordinator, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
    # Kevin Appleby, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

In case that isn't clear enough, anybody who "would benefit from the DREAM Act" is an illegal alien.

Should anybody in the world hold back from trying to come here illegally now that they see that illegal aliens can hang around our Capitol itself with no fear of arrest -- and be embraced by our elected officials.

Last week, the Senate voted to protect Sanctuary Cities and their policies to shield illegal aliens. Today, some Senators apparently are declaring the Capitol an illegal-alien sanctuary!

We have now reached this point where the immigration lawlessness that has characterized the border for 20 years, that has suffocated our Southwestern states, south Florida and hundreds of neighborhoods across the country has now moved into the federal Capitol itself -- invited by U.S. Senators!!!

If you think the champions of anarchy have gone too far this time, pick up a phone over lunch and call your two U.S. Senators and demand that they commit to vote NO on cloture tomorrow on S. 2205.

PHONE SENATE SWITCHBOARD AT:
    202-224-3121

You can get all the direct phone numbers (in D.C. and in the state) for your own two Senators at:
    www.NumbersUSA.com/myMembers

I will be sending you more specific figures soon, but you probably should note to each office that the DREAM Act amnesty potentially rewards millions of current illegal aliens, as well as enticing millions more to come.

Instead of passing legislation to improve the lack of enforcement in this country that allowed at least 12 million illegal aliens to settle here, Senators are trying to just continue the 21-year pattern of giving rewards to illegal aliens.

THANKS FOR PHONING RIGHT NOW.

TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE.

SENATORS NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU BEFORE THEY MEET WITH THE ILLEGAL ALIENS AT 3 P.M. TODAY.

An update regarding senate activity:

As of 9:54am PT the senate is at 'recess' (using their own words, not mine).
    They've been in recess for the last 15 minutes or so. Their lunch breaks usually last about 1.5-2.0 hours, so check back here about 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET.

They have yet to vote on the full Labor bill, but once that takes place, then don't be surprised for Tricky Dick Durbin or Hairy Weed, I mean, Harry Reid to bring up the DREAM Act.

Thanks Gogo;

Re:
    Sen. Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.) and Sen. Hagel (R-Neb.) have invited Senators and their staffers to a meeting at 3 p.m. today to learn why they need to pass the DREAM Act amnesty on Wednesday.
    There's the timeline. Introduction today, maybe some debate, and a vote tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Thanks Gogo;

Re:
    There's the timeline. Introduction today, maybe some debate, and a vote tomorrow.
    I'm hoping this makes other Senators angry.

When I'm calling I ask why they are aiding and abetting illegal aliens in the capital. I ask them when are you going to interview my children to see how this will effect them?

THANKS FOR PHONING RIGHT NOW.

TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE.
    !!! Please call !

I like the angle you're using Gogo.

I'm doing more calls between monitoring the boards and posting, I've been adding comments to the effect "How common is it, for a senator to invoke this Rule 14 to push legislation through?" And, "Is that a good way to pass legislation?" etc, etc. - to try to get the staffs thinking about passing along questions about the process to the senators themselves. Many senators will reject [any] legislation which must be passed by sleight of hand trickery in the late of the night (basically what this version of the DA is proving to be).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast