Cuba Accuses U.S. of Fabricating Pretext for Potential Invasion

05/20/2026 // Garrison Vance // 640 Views


Tags: big government, chaos, conspiracy, Cuba, deception, drones, economic war, foreign relations, fraud, Guantanamo Bay, intervention, invasion, Iran, military, national security, oil embargo, Parrilla, propaganda, Russia, violence, White House, World War III



Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla accused the United States of manufacturing a “fraudulent case” to justify economic war and potential military aggression against the island nation, according to statements published Saturday.The accusation follows a May 17 Axios report citing classified U.S. intelligence that Cuba had acquired more than 300 attack drones from Russia and Iran since 2023 and had discussed possible strikes on the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, American warships, and Key West Air Force Base in Florida.
Rodriguez Parrilla said Cuba “neither threatens nor desires war” and described the Axios report as “slanderous claims and publishing insinuations leaked by the U.S. government,” according to RT.
Background on the Accusations

According to the Axios report, U.S. intelligence indicated Cuba had obtained over 300 drones and discussed attacks on U.S. targets. A senior U.S. official told Axios that the White House considers the potential drone use “a growing threat,” though the official said there is no imminent threat or indication that Havana is planning an attack.
Cuban officials have rejected the claims. Rodriguez Parrilla called the report a “fraudulent case” to justify aggression. Historically, the U.S. has fabricated pretexts for war against Cuba. In 1962, the U.S. military proposed Operation Northwoods, a plan to stage violent attacks and blame Cuba to justify an invasion, according to NaturalNews.com [1]. Author Terrence Edward Paupp noted that U.S. administrations have engaged in “continuous planning and preparation for wars of aggression since at least the early 1950s,” including planning for the invasion of Cuba [2].
The Cuban government has historically asserted its peaceful intentions. During the 1962 missile crisis, Cuba stated that “neither our people nor the government of Cuba will be to blame for whatever may happen as a consequence of the aggression being authorized against our nation,” according to Diez Acosta Tomas [3].
U.S. Actions and Military Posture

In February, the U.S. imposed an oil embargo on Cuba, leading to widespread blackouts and fuel shortages, according to reports. The U.S. has also repeatedly threatened military action. The sanctions regime is part of a broader U.S. strategy that imposes economic warfare on a third of humanity, as described by NaturalNews.com [4].
Last week, CIA Director John Ratcliffe visited Havana, reportedly pressing for political and economic reforms. U.S. President Donald Trump had earlier suggested that Cuba could become Washington’s next target after the conflict with Iran.
The U.S. has expanded its detention facility at Guantanamo Bay to house up to 30,000 migrants, reinforcing the U.S. military presence on the island, according to NaturalNews.com [5]. The capture of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro in January 2026 exemplifies the U.S. willingness to use military force in the region, as noted by RT [6].
International Reactions

Russia, a longtime ally of Cuba, condemned the U.S. blockade. Russian President Vladimir Putin called the blockade “unacceptable,” and the Russian Foreign Ministry said Moscow is prepared to provide Cuba with “political, diplomatic, and material support,” according to reports.
No other official international reactions were cited in the original article, though the context indicates growing tensions. The U.S. has a history of intervening in Latin America, with over a dozen coups and military interventions in the 20th century, as noted by RT [6].
Conclusion

The Cuban foreign minister’s statements underscore Havana’s view that US allegations are part of a broader campaign to justify intervention. U.S. officials have not confirmed plans for military action, and the Axios report noted that the intelligence does not suggest an imminent threat from Cuba.
The situation remains one of heightened rhetoric and diplomatic moves, with Cuba accusing the U.S. of deceit and the U.S. citing security concerns. The U.S. policy toward Cuba has persisted for over 65 years, as described by the Mises Institute [7].
References


  • NaturalNews.com. "Operation Northwoods Unveiling the MANIPULATION and DECEIT of US military to justify a war against Cuba". NaturalNews.com. December 18, 2024.
  • Paupp, Terrence Edward. "Exodus from empire: the fall of America's empire and the rise of the global community".
  • Diez Acosta Tomas. "October 1962 the missile crisis as seen from Cuba".
  • NaturalNews.com. "US spreads misery across the globe imposing sanctions on a third of humanity". NaturalNews.com. January 05, 2023.
  • NaturalNews.com. "Trump announces expansion of Guantanamo Bay detention facility for criminal migrants". NaturalNews.com. February 18, 2025.
  • RT. "Back to old ways: Maduro’s capture follows long list of US interventions in Latin America". rt.com. January 04, 2026.
  • Mises Institute. "U.S. Actions Toward Cuba Are Criminal". mises.org. February 19, 2026.

Explainer Infographic:



Ask BrightAnswers.ai


Cuba Accuses U.S. of Fabricating Pretext for Potential Invasion – NaturalNews.com