Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    But why does the POOR Cuban get to stay and the poor Dominican get deported or lives illegally in Miami? Both are island nations and both nations are Spanish speaking. Actually, the Cuban people live better than the Dominican people generally so why are the Cubans not deported? Well, we know it is about votes and the politicians want that Cuban vote in Florida and New Jersey. They cater to the Cuban Americans. 800,000 Cubans then dictate US foreign policy towards Cuba for WE 300 MILLION AMERICANS! Is this right?
    Its all about politics, money and power. The Cubans who came here after Castro took over came here with money and education. They mostly live in South Florida and have lot of power in local, state and federal government.

In fact, if you will check out of of the Congress people from South Florida you will see that some of them are children of Cuban exiles. They are the ones who have been putting the pressure on all administrations to allow Cubans to come here easily as well as putting pressure on the US to keep this embargo on.

I agree with you, after 50 year why do we still have this policy against Cuba, but not against China, or even Venezuela? In 50 years nothing has changed and Cuba can freely trade with anyone in the world, including China. So they don't have to suffer much and only suffer as a whole because Castro wants them to so he can blame it all on the USA.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    I agree with you, after 50 year why do we still have this policy against Cuba, but not against China, or even Venezuela? In 50 years nothing has changed and Cuba can freely trade with anyone in the world, including China. So they don't have to suffer much and only suffer as a whole because Castro wants them to so he can blame it all on the USA.
    I always thought it was funny that we have Republicans who want trade with China, but no trade with Cuba. While we have Democrats who want trade with Cuba, but not with China. Politicians........
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I guess Cuba noticed how much money is made through remittances and wants to get some of the action before it's all over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12