Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: DACA The Two Faces Of Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DACA The Two Faces Of Trump

Please patriots let us stop making excuses for Trump. I have fought hard for him before the nomination and after the election, but this DACA thing is the anvil that broke the camels back. I know it is difficult to see our last hope die, but please there is no clever plan, no “three dimensional Chess game” no brilliant secret strategy. I have seen theories like that before, and they have always proven to be myths, wishful thinking because the obvious truth was too painful to accept. Trump has betrayed us pure and simple.

By his own words, according to his recent tweet, Trump will not enforce ending DACA for 6 months. Additionally it is reported that Trump fired off a tweet Tuesday night in which he called on Congress to “legalize” the dreamers program and vowed to “revisit the issue” if Congress can’t.

While superficially appearing to yield to his base, it seems he is in fact using obfuscation to preserve DACA. Additionally he will make our efforts to stop DACA harder because now we have to deal with 535 Senators and Congressmen.

He could have put an end to it immediately, but instead he plays this “it is ok if it is done legally” game. No, it’s not OK. They should never have been here in the first place. Now, thanks to Trump the amnesty crowd will have an opportunity to retroactively make what was illegal, legal? It seems that Obama will achieve the ultimate goal of his DACA: more amnesty for illegal aliens – thanks to Trump.

Those who think there will be some kind of deal with Democrats and RINO’s to get reciprocal legislation to compensate for DACA by a reduction in future emigration are deceiving themselves. Well, perhaps there will be a reduction in immigration from Europe, but certainly not for Muslims, China or South America. Reagan thought he had a deal with the Democrats for tight immigration enforcement forever as a trade off for the 1986 amnesty and, of course, the Democrats broke their promises. And it will happen again if Trump tries to do that, but, anyway, he will probably not even attempt to do it.

I consider Trumps decision on DACA a betrayal of those of us who supported him. We made painful sacrifices of precious time, neglecting our loved ones and contributed money we could ill afford to give to get him elected. And this is how he shows his gratitude? He cries over illegal aliens who grew from child to adult by evading our law and got $100,000 in free education paid for by us and God knows how much welfare. And soon they will be given full citizenship and there will be another one million more future Democrat voters to vote against the people who voted for him. Trump broke his promise to us. And now our beloved nation is even closer to total disaster.

The only explanation I can think of for his behavior is that he calculates his supporters are too weak to protect him from being destroyed by his enemies. So now he is making deals with his former enemies to protect himself, also he expects many of his supporters to stick with him no matter what he does; thus he will have a coalition to keep him in power.

The only peaceful option I can see now is for us to hound him to the ends of the earth. We must stop making excuses for him and stop the self deluding fairy tales about some super secret brilliant strategy. We must unite with one voice and pounce on him without mercy. It is our only chance. If he looks around and sees virtually nobody on our side supports him, if he feels isolated and alone with only his enemies as treacherous “friends,” then perhaps he will conclude that to survive politically, he must faithfully fulfill his promises to us without playing games and fight hard for us without neutralizing “compromises.”

I can tell you one thing: I will never, ever trust him again.
    Last edited by 17patri76; 09-08-2017 at 03:19 AM.

MW
    Wow, that is an excellently written opinion piece that I agree with 100%! I hope everyone gets the opportunity to read this!

Yep, the time for making excuses for Trump is over. Now it's time to recognize Trump as an amnesty President and fight his amnesty attempts with everything we have.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

With kelly deciding what press stories trump can read, they will further push him into the swamp of traitors to America. Shocked that trump is allowing that. The kids got to go too; their influence is not what put him in office. And the spoiled daughter will go crying into the oval office if she doesn't like something while hubby makes deals with graham and the rest of the American turncoats. Trump does not care if he is considered a liar, otherwise he would uphold his campaign promises.

MW
    17patri76 wrote (excerpt):

I can tell you one thing: I will never, ever trust him again.
    I never really did.

Trump flipped and flopped more than a fish out of water on immigration issues during his campaign. However, I hoped for the best because he was really the only game in town after the primaries.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed that my initial gut instincts are becoming a reality. I, like everyone else, had hopes of going through the next eight years without even a whisper of an illegal immigrant amnesty. Oh well, such is life.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    17patri76 wrote (excerpt):

I never really did.

Trump flipped and flopped more than a fish out of water on immigration issues during his campaign. However, I hoped for the best because he was really the only game in town after the primaries.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed that my initial gut instincts are becoming a reality. I, like everyone else, had hopes of going through the next eight years without even a whisper of an illegal immigrant amnesty. Oh well, such is life.
    The Dream Act was introduced DAY ONE. Why did you think it wouldn't come up again when DACA was ended? You thought the illegal aliens would just accept their fate and leave? You didn't think the cartels and all that donor money wouldn't cause attempts to pass amnesty in every form they can find for the next 8 years?

Really?!!! Wow.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The Dream Act was introduced DAY ONE. Why did you think it wouldn't come up again when DACA was ended? You thought the illegal aliens would just accept their fate and leave? You didn't think the cartels and all that donor money wouldn't cause attempts to pass amnesty in every form they can find for the next 8 years?

Really?!!! Wow.
    ENOUGH ......... no more excuses for Trump!

I had hoped Trump would veto any amnesty attempts, not actually be pushing for them!
    Last edited by MW; 09-08-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Oh, so your plan was to sit idly by while Congress passed amnesty laws, waiting for Trump to veto amnesty legislation passed by a Republican Congress?!!!

Hmmmm.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Oh, so your plan was to sit idly by while Congress passed amnesty laws, waiting for Trump to veto amnesty legislation passed by a Republican Congress?!!!

Hmmmm.
    Quit being ridiculous.

Trump has ended DACA. I think you need to quit blaming Trump for doing what we wanted him to do, and go hound Congress to defeat amnesty. Just a suggestion.

MW
    Trump has ended DACA. I think you need to quit blaming Trump for doing what we wanted him to do, and go hound Congress to defeat amnesty. Just a suggestion.
    Are you the only person in the free world that can't see Trump's motive here?

He only cancelled it because he had no other option, not because he wanted to. If he ever had any intention of cancelling the program, he would have done so "immediately" after his election as promised.

Why do you think he extended DACA protection for six months and tweeted he would revisit the program if the legislative branch failed to provide a solution (amnesty)? He has absolutely no intention of allowing those "poor kids" to become deportable. His "big heart" just won't allow it. We'll that and the fact John Kelly, Ivanka, Jared, and a few others in his administration have convinced him that it would be easier to forsake his base in favor of those "poor DACA kids" because everyone loves them and wants to protect them. It's all about the children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast