Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: DACA The Two Faces Of Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At some point you need to face the reality that Trump isn't our problem, he has ended DACA, so Congress is our problem on DACA. Trump doesn't introduce bills, he doesn't pass them out of committee, and he doesn't vote for them. He may sign one, so we best make sure one never gets to his desk, which is what he's counting on.

Just a suggestion.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We had no choice but to vote for him. The alternative was too frightening.

I hoped as well, but it's fading.

His sabre-rattling, sending troops to Afghanistan, backpedaling on immigration, and much more has me disturbed.

It could be he is totally helpless. That is a sobering thought, but it just might be our government is so controlled by other than elected officials, no one can help.

If we admit that our elected officials answer to someone else, and have no intention of trying to save this country, then we have to ask ourselves what exactly can we do.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    We had no choice but to vote for him. The alternative was too frightening.

I hoped as well, but it's fading.

His sabre-rattling, sending troops to Afghanistan, backpedaling on immigration, and much more has me disturbed.

It could be he is totally helpless. That is a sobering thought, but it just might be our government is so controlled by other than elected officials, no one can help.

If we admit that our elected officials answer to someone else, and have no intention of trying to save this country, then we have to ask ourselves what exactly can we do.
    Trump is his own worst enemy. He is the one that chose to side with people like John Kelly, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner over the likes of Bannon, Jeff Sessions, and Stephen Miller.

Let's not forget Trump used to be a Democrat and has a history of supporting liberals. Guess the liberals he's decided to surround himself with aren't having a difficult time pushing him in their direction.
    Last edited by MW; 09-09-2017 at 09:40 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is his own person. No one pushes him, no one controls him. If you don't like what he's doing, then you don't like what he's doing. But, I am thrilled he has ended DACA, I knew he would, either on June 15th when the program expired or whenever the Texas lawsuit was dismissed or at least scheduled to be dismissed, which is exactly what he did. So I'm a happy camper. I don't like him pushing a DACA Amnesty in Congress, said so, and I think he'll shut up about that. I sure hope so anyway.

Any end to DACA was going to cause a major reaction, everyone knew that or should have known that. I personally think he's "managed" it quite well to control protests and riots in the streets. There was that little ugly effort in front of Trump Towers and a couple of more, some walk-out, shut-down in a school in Colorado, but nothing like what we've seen on other topics.

There's the big 15 State Lawsuit and UC California System Lawsuit calling Trump a racist and claiming DHS didn't post notice in the Federal Register for public comments on ending the program. Not sure whether or not it's required for an illegal, unconstitutional program ended by the US Department of Justice, but could be since it's an implemented program that people rely on. But we'll see what happens.

They need to nominate a new Secretary of DHS as soon as possible, a good one, and get rid of that horrible Elaine Duke.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump is his own person. No one pushes him, no one controls him. If you don't like what he's doing, then you don't like what he's doing. But, I am thrilled he has ended DACA, I knew he would, either on June 15th when the program expired or whenever the Texas lawsuit was dismissed or at least scheduled to be dismissed, which is exactly what he did. So I'm a happy camper. I don't like him pushing a DACA Amnesty in Congress, said so, and I think he'll shut up about that. I sure hope so anyway.

Any end to DACA was going to cause a major reaction, everyone knew that or should have known that. I personally think he's "managed" it quite well to control protests and riots in the streets. There was that little ugly effort in front of Trump Towers and a couple of more, some walk-out, shut-down in a school in Colorado, but nothing like what we've seen on other topics.

There's the big 15 State Lawsuit and UC California System Lawsuit calling Trump a racist and claiming DHS didn't post notice in the Federal Register for public comments on ending the program. Not sure whether or not it's required for an illegal, unconstitutional program ended by the US Department of Justice, but could be since it's an implemented program that people rely on. But we'll see what happens.

They need to nominate a new Secretary of DHS as soon as possible, a good one, and rid of that horrible Elaine Duke.
    You're still not getting it. Trump did not end DACA because he wanted to. He ended it because he was forced to. Furthermore, he is now openly pushing for a DACA amnesty. How you can continue to make excuses for him on this is shocking. NO MORE EXCUSES FOR TRUMP!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're not getting it, MW. It doesn't matter whether he wanted to or not, he ended it. Presidents have to do a lot of things they might not enjoy doing or "want to do". No, I don't think Trump enjoys or "wants" to tell these people they have to leave the United States. Who would "want" to have to do that? Trump did it because it's his job to do it. And you can go to bed every night for rest of your life knowing with absolute certainty that out of all those Republican candidates, Independent candidates, Democrat candidates and Libertarian candidates, not one of them would have done it.

Trump takes no glee or enjoyment from this. None whatsoever. But it had to be done, and he did it, when no one else would have. He's now predictably being sued by 15 States for being a RACIST. If that's not taking one for the gipper, I don't know what is. You aren't being called a racist for your view, oh no, you like all of us post here anonymously. Trump can't do that, he can't be the Anonymous President. His name, honor and reputation are embedded in the decisions he makes and the actions he takes.

The bottom-line is: Trump ended DACA and unless a stay is ordered by the courts, it is .... over, for one reason, the election of Donald J Trump, the 45th President of the United States.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You're not getting it, MW. It doesn't matter whether he wanted to or not, he ended it. Presidents have to do a lot of things they might not enjoy doing or "want to do". No, I don't think Trump enjoys or "wants" to tell these people they have to leave the United States. Who would "want" to have to do that? Trump did it because it's his job to do it. And you can go to bed every night for rest of your life knowing with absolute certainty that out of all those Republican candidates, Independent candidates, Democrat candidates and Libertarian candidates, not one of them would have done it.

Trump takes no glee or enjoyment from this. None whatsoever. But it had to be done, and he did it, when no one else would have. He's now predictably being sued by 15 States for being a RACIST. If that's not taking one for the gipper, I don't know what is. You aren't being called a racist for your view, oh no, you like all of us post here anonymously. Trump can't do that, he can't be the Anonymous President. His name, honor and reputation are embedded in the decisions he makes and the actions he takes.

The bottom-line is: Trump ended DACA and unless a stay is ordered by the courts, it is .... over, for one reason, the election of Donald J Trump, the 45th President of the United States.
    Oh, please. No more excuses for Trump on DACA!

Bottom line, Trump promised to end DACA "immediately" after election. We took his word on faith and he screwed us. Not only did he break his promise to us, he is now pushing for a DACA amnesty. Is that something you'll deny?

He ended DACA. It's over. How is that screwing you? No, Trump did not screw me, he did not break a promise to me. I'm a happy happy camper. I want him to shut up about Congress "fixing" it. I will oppose him and Congress on any version of any amnesty of any kind for anyone. But he's not a member of Congress, so it's just schmooze talk, goading Congress. I want it to stop, I think it will, and hope it does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12