Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When I lived in Maine, I worked as an RN for 12 years with 7 of those years in the ER so I am keenly aware of the risks involved with exposure to communicable diseases such as hepatitis, AIDS, TB, staph and strep infections etc. At one point I was a strong supporter of the good Samaritan laws, but my perspective has changed not only because of the risk of being sued despite good intentions, but also because I choose not to expose myself to potential disease...911 is the number I would call especially if an illegal alien is involved, then walk away.

Hey now, as a Labor and Delivery nurse I am certainly not "proud" of how many "anchor babies" I have delivered - which let me tell you is a LOT. However we ARE just doing our jobs, making a living, and supporting our families. Those of us in the medical profession have taken oaths and are committed to helping people, and unfortunately, because of our broken system, that includes the hoards of illegal aliens that are using our ERs as free clinics.

As for my County hospital, it's been my understanding that our Maternal/Child units are the ONLY money making units and clinics around. This is because we receive reimbursement from Medi-Cal for our services. Management is constantly after us to make sure we are vigilant about charging our patients for every supply, drug, service, etc. since we can get money back from the State. Otherwise, we'd be closing our doors like so many others are. That's why our hospital makes darn sure that EVERY Maternal/Child patient is signed up for Medi-Cal before they are discharged - it's our only chance for reimbursement.

So, Reciprocity, be nice to us Doctors and Nurses, please - like it or not, we're just doing our jobs!

So Republicans are SUPPORTING SOCIAL WELFARE for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! The FEDERAL LAW NEEDS to be changed.

This is just a soft government/taxpayer sponsored eugenics program, to replace Americans with foreigners.

Denver spent over $35,000,000 million dollars last year, with this 55,000,000 million thats 90 million dollars on illegals for FREE HEALTH CARE between the 2 cities!

This runs into the BILLIONS nationwide! AND its NOT HEADLING NEWS????????

his statistic is contrary to the information we see published so often about hospitals going out of business due to the non payment of emergency services provided to illegal aliens.
    As someone has said, that doesn't mean it is a good thing - just that they are getting the reimbursement from the state and country that other hospitals may not be getting.

As for doctors and nurses, I don't find fault with most of them. In an emergency situation, a hurting situation, they really shouldn't look at anyone as anything other than a human being in need.

Several years ago, Parkland was asking for donations of monies or clothing for 'going home outfits' for babies". They didn't say illegals - but that is what they meant.

In AZ, a couple of years ago, they were trying to get a proposition passed dealing with social services to illegals. Of course the Chamber of Commerce opposed it - but so did the firefighters. One firefighter was on TV - being so pious - and untruthful.

He said, "There is no way I should have to ask someone if they are illegal when I am rescuing them from a burning building."

He knew full well, that was not the reason for the bill nor would not be the result of the proposal. He just hoped he could convince a few people who didn't know that he would be forced to allow people to die. It made me gag.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Republicansa SUPPORTING SOCIAL WELFARE for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS
    Badmonkey, Check out the voting records of BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of this. Check the archives here, or www.NumbersUSA.com.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by outnumberedinSoCal
    Hey now, as a Labor and Delivery nurse I am certainly not "proud" of how many "anchor babies" I have delivered - which let me tell you is a LOT. However we ARE just doing our jobs, making a living, and supporting our families. Those of us in the medical profession have taken oaths and are committed to helping people, and unfortunately, because of our broken system, that includes the hoards of illegal aliens that are using our ERs as free clinics.

As for my County hospital, it's been my understanding that our Maternal/Child units are the ONLY money making units and clinics around. This is because we receive reimbursement from Medi-Cal for our services. Management is constantly after us to make sure we are vigilant about charging our patients for every supply, drug, service, etc. since we can get money back from the State. Otherwise, we'd be closing our doors like so many others are. That's why our hospital makes darn sure that EVERY Maternal/Child patient is signed up for Medi-Cal before they are discharged - it's our only chance for reimbursement.

So, Reciprocity, be nice to us Doctors and Nurses, please - like it or not, we're just doing our jobs!
    My statement was not meant for Medical professionals who are ALIPAC Members, it was meant for the ones who say nothing and just take advantage of the broken system we have, this has gone on far to long and of course this ties in with our broken borders issue, Relax people my statement wasn't directed at fellow forumers
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Reciprocity, our immigration system is not broken, but the laws have been broken by those who come here illegally and by those who provide shelter and employment to illegal aliens. I worked as a medical professional for years as an RN, gave up the profession because of disgust with what I had to deal ...do you think my posture has changed since illegal aliens are another assault against the profession?

Banned
    Parkland refuses to give out statistics as to what percentage of the babies being born there are the offspring of illegal immigrants, but Ft. Worth's John Peter Smith Hospital recently reported its percentage to be approximately 90%, based upon applications for federal assiatence available to undocumented aliens.

They may get assistance up to a point, but that is no guarantee that they will be afforded a job to support their sorry butts or their illegitimate 14th amendment offspring.

And the scary thing is that they start reproducing at a VERY early age. I see numerous 14 year old patients having babies. And many times the "father of the baby" is MUCH older - like late 20s and 30s or even older. We have to involve CPS. I've also seen a recent influx of Hispanic patients on their 2nd or 3rd pregnancies at the ripe old age of 17!!! It scares me to death! At these rate they will be having 10 - 15 kids during their reproductive years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast