Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi Millere,

Long article contained here
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/sho ... queryText=
    refutes John Cornyn's "labor shortage" lies about his beloved H-1B low-wage visa program.

This comment posted after the article is right on targer.

Quote Originally Posted by kd5dgs
    Indentured Servant H-1B Hostage, hostile work environment
    A H-1B worker, is a hostage, nothing more
    I know that only when H-1B workers must receive take home pay equal to the job market, plus a penalty payment for bringing in this foreign national. Will this stop.

It is a curse of the Masters of Business mindset that quarterly numbers must look good.
    Can anyone say Enron Accounting? Long term planning is not permitted in our country anymore.

The corporations that hold H-1B visa employees remain public information or now.
    I can not accept the theory that a single H-1B is justified so long as an American is not working at the stellar salary with perks

Senator Cornyn expects voters to believe and accept our fate that
    WE OWE THESE PEOPLE OUR JOBS, our livelyhoods, and our futures.

Bangalore, India - Home of Hillary's and John Cornyn's real constituents!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

neodyn55,

Indian nationals are replacing Americans in the IT industry for the same reason that Mexicans are replacing Americans in the construction & low-skill service sector industries...cheap labor! By flooding the supplies of labor in America, corporations are able to increase their gross margins. They get away with this by using their extra profits to form umbrella organizations that lobby congress in such a way as to obstruct the will of the American people.

What is going on is nothing more than the disaffection and dissolution of the American people by a traitorous political & corporate ruling class.

I would also like to add that I work around plenty of H1B IT Indians on a daily basis. I cannot begin to describe to you how I seethe with resentment everytime I have to watch their silly nervous smiles as they constantly inquire to their bosses about their status as H1B immigrants. In fact some of them have gone so far as to brazenly say to my face that their families (aside from themselves) are here illegally but that this will all be rectified once they gain citizenship!

Back in the mid-19th century and early 20th century immigrants came to America because they wanted to escape the oppressive, racist, totalitarian governments of Europe for a more meritocratic, egalitarian America. Many of them saw it as a chance to create a new identity and to leave old customs behind. Consequently, many citizens of America who are the descendants of those immigrants don't have even a sliver of their identity tied up in the motherlands of Germany, Ireland, Poland, Italy, and Russia. Not so with the current wave of migrant laborers (for that is all many of them are). This latest batch is coming here simply to find work, exploit an overgrown welfare state, and enjoy a quality of life that previous generations secured for what is now a disaffected citizenry!

I will close this rant by saying that I truly wish the best for all peoples and countries (Indian, Mexican, Chinese, etc.). I am glad that many migrants are finding inspiration in American institutions & ideals and I would love for all of them to enjoy the standard of living and freedom that many of Americans still do enjoy today. But not as peoples freeloading on the backs of America's greatest generations who bought and paid for this country with their blood!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789