Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Daughters School Catalogue Printed in Spanish!! Help!

I need some advice here, perhaps from someone who has had the same problem. I was livid when I found out that my daughters school course catalogue was printed in both English and Spanish. This is the whole school district! Alot of my hard earned tax dollars go to this school and I would like some ideas on how I should approach the school on this subject. It is clearly pandering and I want it to stop! Help!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Re: Daughters School Catalogue Printed in Spanish!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I need some advice here, perhaps from someone who has had the same problem. I was livid when I found out that my daughters school course catalogue was printed in both English and Spanish. This is the whole school district! Alot of my hard earned tax dollars go to this school and I would like some ideas on how I should approach the school on this subject. It is clearly pandering and I want it to stop! Help!
    I would find a group of people who feel the same as you do. Get a petition of residents if you need and take it with the group to the next school supervisory meeting. NUMBERS are you ally. Keep it about the taxpayer dollars and that in order to live in this country and become a success YOU MUST SPEAK English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Gogo! Ok, calling all concerned paretns...any of you that are part of the Round Rock Texas School District. Please get in touch with me and I will lead the charge!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

TexasBorn,

I don't know how many people you will get from the ALIPAC discussion board. What about printing a flyer that you can distribute to people's homes? Just make sure you don't leave a phone number or address so that opponents can harass you. Probably just an email address would be safer.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Thanks Gogo! Ok, calling all concerned paretns...any of you that are part of the Round Rock Texas School District. Please get in touch with me and I will lead the charge!
    You have every right in the world imo . To write the local paper a letter asking for parents help etc . and ask the paper to print it in the Community section or what ever your paper may call it . Hope this helps
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I would start by contacting the school board. 1) I understand you want to be welcoming to parents who don't speak english very well whose tongue is Spanish etc etc 2) As an American i can choose to learn spanish if i wish to but would respectfully request that you be more selective as to whom you send your Spanish translation to and object to receiving it personally as speak english. The impression you convey by doing this is to say that we are irrevocably moving to a bilingual state and i am not sure you can assume that etc etc. What about other foreign languages, why are they being discriminated against. What makes Spanish more special?

See how they react and go from there.

Thanks all for your comments and advice. I guess my frustration is why does it appear that the school system is pandering to Hispanics only? If their answer is, ...we have many students or parents who aren't fluent in English then I would ask.."There are many students and parents from other parts of the world who aren't fluent in English...why aren't you catering to their needs as well?" The answer is, we can't cater to everyone. English is the language of our country and I don't want my tax dollars spent catering to ANY group other than English speaking Americans.

William Barret Travis

America.....where the government cannot say NO to anybody.

My school district here in Aurora, CO does the exact same thing. Spanish English. We even get DEX phone books completely in Spanish.

You have two choices my friend. Get used to it or move to a part of town where there are few Hispanics. He visto esto antes......I have seen this before......Los Angeles and now where I live..........

Remember that your politicians who are rich don't live in areas with illegals so what do they care?

You can make phone calls until holy you know what freezes over but you ain't gonna change them for thems is gonna change you.

Makes me mad too if that helps!!

I am sitting here looking at a Free TENNderCare checkup distributed to my neighborhood in Tennessee. It is English on one side and completely Spanish on the other. It is pandering to illegals . . . .free health care check up . . .free dentist every six months . . even 'if you need a ride to a checkup, call the healthplan.' I was livid when I received this.

Who is going to pay for my children's healthcare, dental care and WHO IS GOING TO PICK UP MY CHILD AND TAKE THEM TO THEIR FREE HEALTHCARE APPOINTMENT???!!!! My husband and I have to pay but if we were ILLEGAL, we could get it free!!!!!!!!!!!!1

On the bottom of this piece of crap is a note that 1,500,000 copies were made and distributed and cost of $.028 per copy . . . meaning that we all paid $42,000.00 to cater to illegals.

I also registered my son for kindergarten today .. . one of the papers I had to fill out was 'what is my language in my home?? what language do we speak at home?? at public places?? what was the first language my son spoke??? THEY ARE CATERING EVERYWHERE!!!

I am one angry parent today just trying to register my child for kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I also registered my son for kindergarten today .. . one of the papers I had to fill out was 'what is my language in my home?? what language do we speak at home?? at public places?? what was the first language my son spoke??? THEY ARE CATERING EVERYWHERE!!!
    I get this all the time. The latest was some form our health insurance sent out. One of the questions was what language is spoken in our house. I wrote in screaming RED MARKER 'ENGLISH' and then on the other side (again in screaming red marker) GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

I hope I got my point across in some way. I will continue to "shout back" when this question is asked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast