I don't normally write because I lead a pretty uneventful life - the average American Joe. Anyways to make a long story tall (sic), I'll just share an experience that is happening as I type...

I am friends with a business owner and they have an eatery inside their corner store. Inside this eatery, they served nothing but tacos and the like. I would never eat the food. The owner asked me why I didn't eat the food and I said that I liked American food.

Yesterday was when I saw a change in the food. There is now an "African extracted" American lady serving food along with the Hispanics that do not speak any English.
I made a loud remark in the store, "I am so glad you decided to serve some American food!"

The looks I received were deadly! This one Hispanic man, I believe, was acting out the violence in his head! The emotions were so thick that I could feel the heat on the side of my face.

Anyhow, I walked in today and ordered $20 worth of food for lunch and the Hispanics that were there looked like they hated me to death.

On a side note: when I walk around in my uniform, I don't get none of those looks. Everything is, Yes sir or No sir.

Amazing what a uniform and badge does!