Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dear Mr. President

I guess today is my day to let these elcted officials know how I feel. Here's the email addy for the White House if anyone wants to vent.

comments@whitehouse.gov

Dear Mr. President,

Not only was the passing of this stimulus package one of the most irresponsible acts I have ever seen this government do, the power-driven acts by the Democrats during this process was disgusting. House rules were broken to keep the Republicans from taking part in one of the biggest pieces of legislation in history. The lopsided 7 Democrats-3 Republicans conferees in the final conference committee was a definite signal that the Republicans wouldn't get a say in how this massive amount of money would be spent. After an almost unanimous vote in the House to keep E-Verify in the bill, Harry Reid made the decision all by himself to not even allow the E-Verify amendment to come to the Senate floor for a vote. Amazing how he feels he has the right to speak for all Americans. Then, secret meetings took place in the middle of the night between Senator Reid and Speaker Pelosi to strip all language from the bill that would've ensured that only American workers benefited from any new jobs created.

You campaigned on an open government, yet you allowed a few power-driven Democrats to get away with doing just the opposite. Even though Congress was told they would have 48 hours to read this monstrosity of a bill, they instead had a few hours. It's not hard to see why. If people had a chance to see the contents, more Americans would've been outraged by it. Even though the majority of Americans objected to this bill, it was rammed down their throats anyway. You said you would post bills online for 5 days before signing, but you haven't lived up to that promise, either. You campaigned on CHANGE and all we've seen so far is more sneaky tactics and broken promises.

If this is an example of how the next four years will be, I hope people are smarter in 2010 and 2012.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Once again, very well said - except you should have removed the "Dear" in the greeting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I tried to stay somewhat respectful, although I almost choked on it.

Great letter, I hope he takes the time to actually read it.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I don't doubt that! :P

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I don't doubt that! :P
    So do I. But if enough write in, he may get the hint.

Here's an electronic response from the White House. Now you have to fill out a form to send messages. I guess they want to know where to send a big, long, black car full of suits. It doesn't require your address.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your message. On behalf of President Obama, we appreciate hearing from you. The President has promised the most transparent administration in history, and we're committed to listening to and responding to you.

In order to better handle the millions of electronic messages we're receiving and respond more quickly, we've implemented a new contact form on our website:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Please note that this web form has replaced comments@whitehouse.gov. That email address is no longer monitored, so we encourage you to resubmit your message through the link above. Thank you for using the web form and helping us improve communications with you.

Sincerely,

The Presidential Correspondence Team

April
    Very well said Tiny, you are on a roll.

Thanks. I just thought, why not vent on the ones causing all my stress.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

Here's an electronic response from the White House. Now you have to fill out a form to send messages. I guess they want to know where to send a big, long, black car full of suits. It doesn't require your address.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your message. On behalf of President Obama, we appreciate hearing from you. The President has promised the most transparent administration in history, and we're committed to listening to and responding to you.

In order to better handle the millions of electronic messages we're receiving and respond more quickly, we've implemented a new contact form on our website:

Please note that this web form has replaced comments@whitehouse.gov. That email address is no longer monitored, so we encourage you to resubmit your message through the link above. Thank you for using the web form and helping us improve communications with you.

Sincerely,

Good letter, Tiny. For informational purposes, I posted the following information on Feb. 13, 2009 in this forum, Tiny (guess you missed it):

Just received this email in response to one I sent to Obama:

Quote:

Dear Friend,

Sincerely,

Want to make sure everyone has the appropriate emall address. Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast