Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Debating whether or not I should pay my emergency room bill.

You see right now we are in the process of getting health insurance and well two weeks ago my baby was sick so I went to the "community" hospital that as you can imagine here in So. Cal is really set up for illegals. I received my bill. $200.00!!! And the first thing that went thru my mind was the people who are here illegally and without social security cards who EXHAUST the emergency departments will NEVER get a bill yet they will receive the SAME care as my son.

Right now I wish I had said, "No speaky English" and then went on to say "Illegal alien."

If I had I'd be 200 dollars richer. LOL the irony folks...
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Better pay up sunsetincali.

I know a family who didn't have major medical. Husband needed emergency heart surgery & stayed in hospital for several days. He died and she had to sell the house to pay hospital and doctors bills.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't. Not the way this country is headed. In fact I'm wondering why we keep paying for health insurance. Doctors and hospital bills are still super expensive even top of the insurance.

I say when in Rome do as the Romans do. Or when in American do as the illegals do. Otherwisw you're going to lose out. Watch and see.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Send them $5.00 a month. Tell them that's it. Tell them you're moving to Mexico, give them a fake address in Mexcio and tell them they will get their $5.00 a month. Take it or leave it.

I can top a few of those. In the beginning of December my husband cut his hand pretty good while working on our furnace. Because the cut was fairly deep and located in his palm we went to the Christiana Hospital Emergency center. We got there at about 11pm on a Wednesday night.

The waiting room was PACKED with spanish speaking moms and kids, even that late at night! After entering all my husbands info (insurance and such) we waited, and waited, and waited. When he still hadnt been seen by 6am, we just decided to go home and call our local doctor at 9:00am.
    My husband even made a point to go the admissions desk and tell them he was leaving.

About a month later, we received a statement from our insurance company stating that they had been billed 75.00 from Christiana Hospital! I cant remember what the codes were but it amounted to adminisrative fees. The worst part....they paid it! I was SOOOOOOO P.O.'d. I called the insurance company and complained bitterly. Though she promised to look into it, I doubt anything was done.

So in other words, Christiana got paid for "letting" us sit in that hell hole for 7 hours!

I know how you feel, but if you don't pay it it will ruin your credit!

Hey why not take it to Mexico, and get President Fox and his government to pay it for you, it works in America for the Mexicans

Thanks for all of the input/ advice. Of course we are going to pay it b/c we're good Americans but the temptation to "do as the illegals do" as another poster stated is awfully high.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Yes Sunsetincali, do the right thing. I'm sorry I was a little mad when I gave you my advise. It's alway better to do the right thing.