Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deciphering the full text of SB 1070 Law Professor

This was an analysis of Arizona new 1070 law by a law professor in Arizona published today in the Arizona Republic.

In response to the hue and cry over what the law actually says, The Republic is publishing the full text of SB 1070, with University of Arizona law professor Gabriel "Jack" Chin helping to decipher the legislation.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ly20176799#ixzz0om3bZL00

Background points
    Go to Page 1 Previous | Next edit | delete cancel | save

1. This statute includes provisions that are not only new to Arizona law, but that are new to American criminal and immigration law. The statute is complex and raises many difficult issues both of interpretation and constitutionality. It may involve more provisions of the U.S. and Arizona Constitutions than any single piece of legislation ever drafted in this state. Accordingly, its scope and effect are not clear, and will not be clear until there are definitive judicial rulings.
    2. Under established Arizona and federal law, local police can make arrests for federal crimes. [Gonzales v. City of Peoria, 722 F.2d 468, 474 (9th Cir.1983) (federal law allows local police to arrest for criminal provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act); Assistance by State and Local Police in Apprehending Illegal Aliens, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legal Counsel (Feb. 5, 1996) (http://www.justice.gov/olc/immstopo1a.htm); Whitlock v. Boyer, 271 P.2d 484, 487 (Ariz. 1954) (noting that New York police officers make arrests for federal felonies and misdemeanors; “[w]e think this practice states the general rule and we approve of it for Arizona.â€

Lawyers, you can't live with them and you cannot live with them...

What a bunch of doublespeak talk and his paragraph 1 contradicts his paragraph 2. Problem is that lawyers have adopted the "precedent" school of law which says in essence laws can't be added or changed unless lawyers say there is a precedent... Well let me tell you that the founders of this nation, Washington, Jefferson and all the signers of the Constitution, all believed that The People decide what is and what is not law and how this nation operates. Minority rights yes for citizens, but citizenship was never intended for anyone who broke into our house.

Anyway the lawyer takes a long time to say that basically law enforcement is allowed to enforce laws.. /cough Well I intend to answer that lawyer's petty tyrannical diatribe point by point with my own legal reasoning and final conclusion. So here is my educated response to lawyers and what they contribute to our society -- especially on important issues like the raping of our nation...

1) What’s the difference between a lawyer and a catfish? A: One is a slimy, bottom dwelling, scum sucker. The other is a fish.

2) What’s the definition of a lawyer? A: A mouth with a life support system.

3) What do you call a lawyer gone bad? A: Your honor.

4) What do you call a judge gone bad? A: Senator.

5) How do you tell if it is REALLY cold outside? A: A lawyer has his hands in his own pockets

6) How can you spot a lawyer or politician walking down the street? A: Either will have their hands in someone else’s pockets.

7) Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, an honest lawyer and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a hundred dollar bill. Who gets it? A: The old drunk, of course, the other three are mythological creatures.

8 ) A Mexican bandit made a specialty of crossing the Rio Grande from time to time and robbing banks in Texas. Finally, a reward was offered for his capture, and an enterprising Texas ranger decided to track him down.

After a lengthy search, he traced the bandit to his favorite cantina, snuck up behind him, put his trusty six-shooter to the bandit's head, and said, "You're under arrest. Tell me where you hid the loot or I'll blow your brains out!"

But the bandit didn't speak English, and the Ranger didn't speak Spanish. Fortunately, a bilingual lawyer was in the saloon and translated the Ranger's message. The terrified bandit blurted out, in Spanish, that the loot was buried under the oak tree in back of the cantina.

"What did he say?" asked the Ranger. The lawyer answered, "He said 'Get lost, Gringo. You wouldn't dare shoot me.'"

9) Q: You're stranded in a deserted island with Attila the Hun, Adolf Hitler, and a lawyer. You have a revolver with two bullets. What do you do?
    A: Shoot the lawyer twice!

10) The lawyer is standing at the gate to Heaven and St. Peter is listing his sins:

1. Defending a large corporation in a pollution suit where he knew they were guilty.
    2. Defending an obviously guilty murderer because the fee was high.
    3. Overcharging fees to many clients.
    4. Prosecuting an innocent woman because a scapegoat was needed in a controversial case.

And the list goes on for quite awhile....
    The lawyer objects and begins to argue his case. He admits all these things, but argues, "Wait, I've done some charity in my life also." St. Peter looks in his book and says," Yes, I see. Once you gave a dime to a panhandler and once you gave an extra nickel to the shoeshine boy, correct?" The lawyer gets a smug look on his face and replies, "Yes." St. Peter turns to the angel next to him and says, "Give this guy 15 cents and tell him to go to hell."

11) A stingy old attorney, who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness, was determined to prove wrong the saying, "You can't take it with you." After much thought and consideration, the old ambulance chaser finally figured out how to take at least some of his money with him when he died.

He instructed his wife to go to the bank and withdraw enough money to fill two pillow cases. He then directed her to take the bags of money to the attic and leave them directly above his bed. His plan was that when he passed away, he would reach out and grab the bags on his way to heaven.

Several weeks after the funeral, the deceased attorney's wife, up in the attic cleaning, came upon the two forgotten pillow cases stuffed with cash.

"Oh, that darned old fool," she exclaimed. "I knew he should have had me put the money in the basement."

12) A group of Arab terrorists burst into the conference room at the Ramada Hotel where the American Bar Association was holding its Annual Convention. More than a hundred attorneys were taken as hostages.

The terrorist leader announced that, unless their demands were met, they would release one attorney every hour.

13) Q: What do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A: A good start!

So, after a lawyer's lucky 13 points I rest my case...

CONCLUSION: Deport all illegal aliens and grant them NO citizenship, no guest worker permits, no amnesty, protect our borders, fine employers hiring any illegal $100,000 and prison time, remove incentives to illegals like licenses and welfare, enforce existing laws, no citizenship for children of illegal aliens, remove American citizenship from those with dual citizenship, end offshoring, place high tariffs on any nation using slave labor like China!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.