Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Deification of Barack Obama!

Friends,

I have often commented on how America is sliding backwards in time under the Bush administration. I have compared his dictatorial use of the White House to circumvent existing laws and the Constitution to the old way humanity lived under kings and oligarchs. How many times have we called him "King George"?

Now, I see us sliding even further back in time. Before the middle ages and dark ages when humanity was ruled by kings, people were ruled by god kings or god emperors. The leader was treated as a godlike idol.

While this god emperor mentality has persisted into modern times in some remaining primitive cultures around the world, the last extensive modern vestiges of this practice were found in Imperial Japan and in the secular fascist politics of Italy and Germany prior to WW2.

Many people crossed this line with Bush. We called them the Bush Bots and they were the ones that still border line worshiped the man till the very end. I often joked that many of them prayed to Bush instead of for him.

Watching CNN and the other major networks for the past few weeks, they have produced Obama inauguration spots that rival Sadam Hussein's way of stringing up heroic paintings and statues of himself.

I'm almost surprised they have not stenciled in wings, a halo on Obama while photo shopping in shafts of divine sunlight shining down upon him.

What I'm seeing now is almost a deification of the man which is beyond dangerous.

Then today, I read this....

Obama Is Like Biblical Joshua, Boxing Promoter Don King Says
    http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/a ... rcID=42227

[quote]“The apostle Paul, Moses, John the Baptist – any one of them. Seriously, he is like one of those apostles for our day. He came to lead us to the original design of what we are supposed to do on this earth.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen, but give Obama time. He's got a gigantic plate to deal with and he certainly won't get everything right. If he messes up, people will be throwing shoes at him, too. The euphoria of the Inaguration won't last - reality will set in fast. Yes, much of the exhuberance is irrational (as is much of the dismay on the other side). This old gray citizen, who was born into the McCarthy era and saw Eisenhower and Kennedy, and seems to have seen it all, expects coverage to become more balanced after the coming months. Of course, if he really does fix everything off the bat, that's another matter (but what are the odds?). Stay tuned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When someone is put up on a pedestal their fall is deafening. No one will be more critical of Obama then special interest groups who voted for him if he does not bow to their demands thinking he now "Owes Them".

Stay Tuned.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

April
    Our faith should not be placed in a man. Our faith should be reserved for God.

Glory be to God, not to any politician or human.

Can I have an amen?

W
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Our faith should not be placed in a man. Our faith should be reserved for God.

Glory be to God, not to any politician or human.

Can I have an amen?

W
    Amen!
    A big Amen from over in my corner.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would all stop if Obama Himself would address the nation and tell them to stop worshiping him like a god.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

While all this may be over the top you have to remember that this guy is the first African American President. The American people have every right to be joyous, especially Blacks in this country who for too long have suffered injustices and racism. To see one of their own finally make it to the top office is a huge cause for celebration. It would be lame imo to treat this accomplishment like any other Presidential election given the factors. I am very proud of my country and myself to finally have elected an African American as President of the most powerful country on earth and I'm happy to say that.

EagleEye, you've made a serious error. Obama is half white, therefore how can you call him African American? If he was 40% black would you call him African American? It is his appearance of being African American that I believe drives people to bestow upon him this god like status. One should NEVER vote on the basis of race, charisma or appearance. To do so is folly and downright dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88
    While all this may be over the top you have to remember that this guy is the first African American President. The American people have every right to be joyous, especially Blacks in this country who for too long have suffered injustices and racism. To see one of their own finally make it to the top office is a huge cause for celebration. It would be lame imo to treat this accomplishment like any other Presidential election given the factors. I am very proud of my country and myself to finally have elected an African American as President of the most powerful country on earth and I'm happy to say that.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    EagleEye, you've made a serious error. Obama is half white, therefore how can you call him African American? If he was 40% black would you call him African American? It is his appearance of being African American that I believe drives people to bestow upon him this god like status. One should NEVER vote on the basis of race, charisma or appearance. To do so is folly and downright dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88
    Certainly no one is disputing the fact that he's half White or that people should vote for someone based on appearance because it is, as you said, dangerous. But the fact is that his father was an African immigrant and thus Obama is African American, him being half White doesn't make that not true. Like I said, Americans have every right to be joyous for this accomplishment and it sends a message to everyone around the world that we Americans come in all races and colors and just about anyone can become President no matter where your parents come from.

What's dangerous is that Obama has delusions of grandeur. He's a Lincoln wannabe, and thinks himself as a leader of the world, not just US. He won't mind to act against the interest of USA, if it helps other nations.

He's got a Marxist agenda, as can be deduced from his statements about wealth redistribution, no idle hands, and Americans should learn Spanish.

Under his watch, American culture and our freedoms will be under attack, to be replaced by multiculturalism and anti-white racism.

And don't expect him to enforce our immigration laws either!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast