Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrat? Or Republican?

I'm flumoxed.

I can actually "understand" why the Republicans are supporting this amnesty / guest slave idea... because, unfortunately, there is a "profit above all else" element of the GOP. After all, the economy should just go up, up, up. Right?

However, I really can't believe that the Democrats don't see this for what it is: the creation of an officially sanctioned underclass, and imported sweatshop labor. Which goes against everything they *claim* to stand for. Like "sticking up for the poorer Americans'... which we all know is wholy jeapordised by these artificially depresed wages, and competition for services, etc. And where are the black democratic leaders?

Seriously, what gives?
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Seriously, what gives?
    You've gone SANE.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democrat or Republican

many republicans do not support illegal immigration. We believe that Americans can do our jobs. Bush and RINOs are the big supporters of illegals not most of your run of the mill republicans. We feel that we have been betrayed by our party but it is our own fault. Bush Sr, wanted open borders and global government so we should have known that his son felt the same way. We were however, hoping for less government spending and lower taxes. Instead we go a major police action, more corruption in government, and large government spending. That is why many of us refuse to support the next generation of Bushs. Always watch what you ask for, you might be getting worst than what you had.

I agree. I am a precinct chair for the Republican party and I have no respect for what the president and the rest of the elitist Republicans have done. They have hijacked a once conservative party and turned it into a totalitarian nightmare in favor of foreign countries over our own sovereignty. I hope the true conservatives still within the party in Congress and the Senate, like J Sessions, Tancredo, Hunter, etc., will still be able to have their voices heard. I also hope the Blue Dog Dems will step up soon, but they haven't shown up yet to support the conservative values they supposedly have.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Re: Democrat or Republican

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    many republicans do not support illegal immigration. We believe that Americans can do our jobs. Bush and RINOs are the big supporters of illegals not most of your run of the mill republicans. We feel that we have been betrayed by our party but it is our own fault. Bush Sr, wanted open borders and global government so we should have known that his son felt the same way. We were however, hoping for less government spending and lower taxes. Instead we go a major police action, more corruption in government, and large government spending. That is why many of us refuse to support the next generation of Bushs. Always watch what you ask for, you might be getting worst than what you had.
    Some of us did know, BECKYAL. However, considering the gore/kerry nightmare, we thought we might have had a chance turning this around.
    It was a long shot. The repub congress - most - are all beholden to the power brokers and want their piece of the global pie.

It's up to Americans pulling the load to STOP the traitors. No longer can we watch the global train pass by without working to pull up the tracks.

None of the bush's were ever worth a tinker's damn but the CFR et al made sure that they were put in place. Prescot bush was a piece of crap and he bred crap. No different than the kennedys and other major global money families. This started many generations ago and is only now hitting critical mass.

my 2 cents.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

edstate wrote: And where are the black democratic leaders?

Well Ed, where I come from and I think across the nation EVERY single black democrat FULLY SUPPORTS the illegal mexican and OTM invasion. 100%. Even when 'their people' have the most to lose?

On my election ballots I have to leave the check box blank for every black and latino politician for this very reason. Check out the voting records of Illinois democrats like Jackson and Rush to see what I mean.

I used to be a dem but now I only vote for people with proven records of patriotism, all others I leave the checkbox blank.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

vote for people with proven records of patriotism

Amen
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

edstate, I'm flumoxed too. I don't really know what that means but it sounds like the perfect description of how I feel.

I feel like I do not know which way to turn either.

I have a million different things that I need to do today, and yet I also feel the need to write a letter for our country and I don't even know who it should be to.

I don't know what to say in a letter to a Democrat. I really don't. Should I be honest and say, I'm scared to death of your party....but I'm writing to ask you to help us anyway. Would you please put aside your party's interest in pandering for votes for a minute and please understand and realize we are desperate for you and your collegues to do what is right and what must be done for our country?

The Democrats scare me so much. I feel that I cannot trust their agenda at all, and then I find myself wanting to run back into what seems to be a safer place....the Republican camp.

It's one big merry-go-round of confusion and I want to get off of it.

Why can't they stop playing these games and do what any reasonable person knows that we must do. Why can't these people do the job which they asked to do which is to protect this country and put the safety and well-being of us, the legal citizens of the United States in front of their self-serving agendas.

Why can't they understand that they have an obligation to us, to give us the best possibility of life in a peaceful country based on the principle of law and order which our country was founded on?

Why am I having to babysit highly paid grown ups who live so much better than most Americans do and who get privileges which we probably cannot even imagine when they turn their backs on us in times of need?

They have so much, they need so little so they like to prance themselves in front of the world and try to project the image that they are "sympathetic" to the needs of those who have little, when in reality they are really only trying to pander for votes so that they can continue to live their lives of privilege and power.

If this is freedom and democracy than I must have had the wrong idea of what freedom and democracy is. Is this a new brand of it? Have they remodeled it, re-written it, thrown out the old and brought in the new?

I have to write the likes of Nancy Pelosi or Ted Kennedy a letter?? What in the world would I say to two people who are plainly and simply either insane, in a state of total self-absorbtion, totally out of touch with the typical U.S. citizen, ignoring American citizens who are being killed right here on the soil of their own country by people who are in our country illegally??

AND THEY CLAP OVER THIS ON WORLDWIDE TELEVISION AND IN THE FACES OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!

THIS IS FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY?????

I can't take it anymore. I cannot write to the Democrats. Ted Kennedy, Mister Criminal himself who has no business even sitting in our Capitol let alone creating legislation for people in any country of the world.....while Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Campean's children must anguish over how and why their brave and honorable Dads are in shackles? And he does not say a word on their behalf?

SO who do I write a letter to? If the Democratic Party thinks that it is acceptable to have these types of people in their party and to have them in leadership positions no less,.....how can I possibly have ANY trust and faith in the Democrats?

Once again, I know all of the problems of the Republicans.....I know all too well the failings of our Republican president......but AT LEAST there is a segment of people in the Republican Party for which it can be said that they know and understand that our country must uphold the laws for all of the important reasons which exist.

So, edstate, yes, among the Republicans there are "sell-outs", there are those who should be considered to be as despicable as the majority of the Democrats. The Republicans need to rid themselves of these skumbags and traitors (we know who they are) and they need to join together so that they will have the power to stop these dangerous Democrats. There is power in numbers. They need to lead the Republican Party and tell President Bush to get behind them and to support them instead of tearing them down.

But the way I see it, Edstate....they are still our best hope.....and it will now be up to the best of the Republican Party to make President Bush sit down and listen to them.

The way I see it, the Republican Party is going to have to get President Bush to STOP playing with these Delinquent Democrats and to straighten up before it's too late.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    LegalUSCitizen wrote:

But the way I see it, Edstate....they are still our best hope.....
    Not only are they our best hope, they're our only hope! There is no possible way of knowning for sure (possible changed minds), but I'd be willing to bet over 75% of the Republicans in Congress stand with us. Does anyone dare to wager that more than 10-15% of the Democrats are firmly against a path to legalization for the 20+ million illegals currently residing within our borders?

Senate vote on S. 2611 (amnesty bill):

Democratic Yes: 38 No: 4 Didn't vote: 2
    Independent Yes: 1 No: 0 Didn't vote: 0
    Republican Yes: 23 No: 32 Didn't vote: 0

Total Yes: 62 No: 36 Didn't vote: 2

House of Representatives bill 4437 (The Border Protection, Anti-terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005) vote:

Passed by the United States House of Representatives on December 16, 2005 by a vote of 239 to 182 (with 92% of Republicans supporting, 82% of Democrats opposing).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LegalUSCitizen: ...nice post! And I agree completely.

It's just that I think an argument could be made that the rank-and-file Democrats are hurt just as much, or more by illegal immigration than the regular Joe Republicans. And at least *some* Republicans in Congress are doing the right thing by them... and almost no Democrats are.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast