Dennis Prager, Ann Coulter discuss anti-Semitism among foreign-born Hispanic immigrants

06/20/2013

Jeff Poor

VIDEO AT LINK:

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter says Americans should be worried about the anti-semitic views of some Hispanic immigrants.

Coulter, author of “Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama,” talked to radio host Dennis Prager on Wednesday about a 2011 Anti-Defamation league poll that showed “42 percent of foreign-born Hispanics hold anti-Semitic views, as opposed to 20 percent of U.S. born Hispanics.”

Partial transcript as follows:

PRAGER: Here’s the point that’s important — with regard to American-born Hispanics, it goes down to 20 percent essentially.

COULTER: Right.

PRAGER: Wait, so here’s the key point — on that issue, they do change the views they come with. But on big government, they don’t change the views, because anti-Semitism has no place in America — Democrat or Republican.

COULTER: Right.

PRAGER: But they are reinforced in other views that they come with.

COULTER: Yeah, that actually is kind — it’s very hopeful. But, but –

PRAGER: No, no, no it isn’t hopeful because I’m saying you’re right —

COULTER: They’re not assimilating on the other point.

PRAGER: That’s right. Exactly, it’s only hopeful on anti-semitism, which is wonderful but —

COULTER: That’s something even liberals agree on —

PRAGER: That’s what I’m saying. Exactly.

COULTER: Slaughter goats in the backyard, or you know, honor killings. “No, no, no them have their own cultures.” No, we don’t even — adding for the cherry on top from everything else here, this is not a country that comes to assimilate immigrants anymore. I mean back not that long ago —

PRAGER: It’s not assimilating American-born.

COULTER: Right, right. But immigrants are really put through the ringer and they were not allowed to bring their own cultures. ‘No, great, you are going to come, but you are going to adopt our —’

PRAGER: That’s right. America is multi-ethnic, but not multi-cultural.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/de...ic-immigrants/