Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Denver Post -- Illegal and employer friend

The Denver post paints a picture of the poor illegal alien and his or her employer as being justified in stealing americans ID's and jobs in the Swift raid.

I would not have known because I dont read the Denver Toast A friend sent me an online url.

Please read some of todays paper and if you agree here in Colorado boycott the Den post Rocky Mtn News and the paper of the illegal alien Westword.

My stress level has gone down and I dont live the lies since i stopped
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

A manual should be produced Americans "How to find the truth and debunk propaganda".

Page one: How to determine the political position of any newspaper in the country:

1. Go to their website, find the parent company
    2. Go to the list of managers and owners of that parent company
    3. Compare the names on the list of owners and managers with the list of names of members of the Council of Foreign Relations.

It was eye opening in Iowa but I am probably one of fifty other Iowans who have any clue that Gannet (parent company for all major Iowa Newspapers) is in fact managed and owned in total by people who also are listed as members of the CFR.

So much for your stress level. I know confirming that information through a friend with the membership list really twisted my nickers.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Although the news stories I'm seeing are quoting ICE and others to the effect that this raid was not just about scooping up illegals, but about identity theft, I think there should be more emphasis on just how bad identity theft is.

1) Let's say, you are in the final running for a job you need and want. It's a responsible position and they need to do a background and credit check. Suddenly, all these jobs you didn't mention on your application pop up, and there are all these debts you didn't pay ....

2) Let's say, your landlord sold your rental out from under you (this happened to me in 99) and you have decided to try for home ownership even though it's a big step, because you have a big family and pets. Did you know that one late (over 30 days) payment can drop your credit score by as much as 100 points?

3) Let's say, you're applying for a job that requires a security clearance, (like my oldest son did when he came back from the war). It could open a whole career for you, but suddenly there are all these things on your record to be explained to the investigator - that come as a suprise to you.

I bought my house in Aurora Colorado (epicenter of the Colorado foreclosure belt) from Mexican nationals in '99. For some reason they were in a hurry to leave, and the next two years was filled with a) people coming to the house looking for them, b) letters about an abandoned debt, c) letters about an abandoned bank account, d) a notice from the police about an abandoned car. We got bills for someone with a Spanish name who used our address and phone number to get medical care at Fitzsimmons. The same guy was registered under our phone number for the discount at Safeway. Eventually we got letters from a collection agency about old parking tickets (debts can be sold and resold, did you know?) for two people who'd given our address to the DMV and he was one of them.

Identity theft is a very real crime. It does real harm to real people. I want the pro-illegals, who are so sympathetic, to own up to this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tried posting this to the Greeley Trib, we'll see if it shows up after they review submissions:

People sympathetic to illegal workers sometimes remark that their violation is merely statutory, not criminal, and they should be tolerated for that reason. If the identities used in this case were merely fictitious, that would be the case here, but it isn't. Identity theft does real harm to people. The stress alone is awful. I've read through the warrant descriptions published by the Trib, and the litany of damage to citizens' lives is dreadful. Bills they never heard of, letters from the IRS, credit denied, one guy's disability benefits cut off ... this was not a victimless situation. Even now that more people know about identity theft, cleaning up your record can take a long time and be costly. And if you needed good credit for some life emergency, you could be out of luck because of something like this. Clearly, there are bigger fish to fry than mere workers, but some sort of action needed to be taken.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I tried posting this to the Greeley Trib, we'll see if it shows up after they review submissions:

People sympathetic to illegal workers sometimes remark that their violation is merely statutory, not criminal, and they should be tolerated for that reason. If the identities used in this case were merely fictitious, that would be the case here, but it isn't. Identity theft does real harm to people. The stress alone is awful. I've read through the warrant descriptions published by the Trib, and the litany of damage to citizens' lives is dreadful. Bills they never heard of, letters from the IRS, credit denied, one guy's disability benefits cut off ... this was not a victimless situation. Even now that more people know about identity theft, cleaning up your record can take a long time and be costly. And if you needed good credit for some life emergency, you could be out of luck because of something like this. Clearly, there are bigger fish to fry than mere workers, but some sort of action needed to be taken.
    Very good points, but identity theft not only affects your credit and financial records, it can affect your criminal record. Imagine somebody steals your ID and commits a major crime under your name...

You may apply for jobs that require a background check and without you knowing you will never be considered because of your "background." Heck you might get pulled over and cuffed one day for a warrant for a crime you didn't commit.