Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Department of Labor sells out American workers

Our tax dollars at work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1B_visa

Employer attestations to protect U.S. workers

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is responsible for ensuring that foreign workers do not displace or adversely affect wages or working conditions of U.S. workers.

The Department of Labor states that the H-1B law doesn't require employers to seek local talent before recruiting abroad for their US job openings, except in limited circumstances when the employer is considered H-1B dependent:

The DOL's [Strategic Plan http://www.dol.gov/_sec/stratplan/strat ... 6-2011.pdf , Fiscal Years 2006-2011 (pg. 35) states: "... H-1B workers may be hired even when a qualified U.S. worker wants the job, and a U.S. worker can be displaced from the job in favor of the foreign worker."

The [Federal Register http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/fedreg/final/2006005740.pdf , dated June 30, 2006, Section II, paragraph 4, "the statute does not require employers...to demonstrate that there are no available US workers or to test the labor market for US workers as required under the permanent labor certification program."

Employers must attest that wages offered are at least equal to the actual wage paid by the employer to other workers with similar experience and qualifications for the job in question, or alternatively, pay the prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of intended employment, whichever is greater. By signing the LCA, the employer attests that: prevailing wage rate for area of employment will be paid; working conditions of position will not adversely affect conditions of similarly employed American workers; place of employment not experiencing labor dispute involving a strike or lockout.

Prior to 2005, the law required H-1B workers to be paid the higher of the prevailing wage for the same occupation and geographic location or that which the employers pays to similarly situated employees. Other factors, such Age and skill were not permitted to be taken into account for the prevailing wage. Congress changed the program in 2004 to require the Department of Labor to provide four skill-based prevailing wage levels for employers to use. Employers using this system classify most workers at the lowest skill level. This is the only prevailing wage mechanism the law permits that incorporates factors other than occupation and location.

The law specifically limits the approval process of LCAs to checking for "obvious errors and inaccuracies."[2] The approval process for these employer attestations simply amounts to the checking the form is filled out correctly.

[edit] H-1B fees earmarked for U.S. worker education and training

In 2007, the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA), reported on two programs, the High Growth Training Initiative and Workforce Innovation Regional Economic Development (WIRED), which have received or will receive $284 million and $260 million, respectively, from H-1B training fees to education and train U.S. workers.

I am currently unemployed and I cannot find any information on how to get training through these programs. Where does this money really go?

Guess what, the Department of Labor does not think they represent American workers, they think they represent employers, they are headed by a Chinese-American who is married to a Senator that gets millions in contributions from big business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The department of labor is suppose to be in place to protect our jobs...Right?
    SO WHY ARE THEY WORKING FOR FOREIGN LABOR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS NO WONDER I CAN'T GET A JOB

yours truly,
    Displaced and Mad

Welcome Occumsrazor!

I guess we should have picked our own F#%#ing fruit, maybe this would not happened.
    1979 was a pivotal year--for imported farmworkers, for US agriculture, and ultimately for American society. In the sixties and seventies we were making rapid progress in introducing more automation into American farms--through mechanization and genetic science. Federal funding for this was slashed in 1979 and then the United Farmworkers, through California Rural Legal Assistance, sued the UC at Davis to stop their technology efforts. We have had a continued dependence on migrant farmworkers since. Furthermore, they don't remain in the fields, so Congress is always under pressure to raise new quotas for agricultural workers.

Some research was carried on by state-funded universities and recently demand for innovative science has increased. Much of the mechanical harvesting technology has been going forward in other countries, so we could import equipment if needed. Some human labor will always be needed--but it is amazing what scientific effort can do.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

REQUIRE THE GOVERNMENT TO E -VERIFY ALL I-9S GETTING HIRED BY NC EMPLOYERS VIA THE NC STATE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES.

NC STATE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES ONLY E-VERIFIES I-9S OF AGRICULTURAL IMMIGRANTS.

Please go and read my information about I-9s at post:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-769349.html#769349

millere wrote:

I am currently unemployed and I cannot find any information on how to get training through these programs. Where does this money really go?
    I don't know how to get info on these programs (sorry), but Good Morning America on Saturday showed a couple from Ohio who worked at the same factory that outsourced and both lost their jobs. They were talking about the McCain speech about the lost jobs and those people will be retrained. The wife is still in school, the husband graduated from school and is now a drug and alcohol abuse counselor. They touted them as a success. The man said that he was grateful for the opportunity, but that he is MAKING LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT HE MADE PREVIOUSLY!!

This is a success? Half the family is in school and the other half making less than half of what he made before? When they were a long time two income household?

What jobs can we train for that will not be shipped overseas soon? I saw in the Atlanta Business Chronicle that $4 billion in legal fees was sent to India, and they saved $300 million. And not one mention that a foreign country reaps $4 billion in our revenue and our cheap and corrupt corporations only saved $300 million to betray our country.

All of our so called representatives have sold out to the highest bidder. I am convinced that the only way to get their attention is to shame them where they live - picket in front of their country club, their home, their church. Make them squirm for selling us out. I saw on Neil Cavuto that 100 people picketed in front of McCain's condo in VA demanding that he take in a family that lost their home to foreclosure since he has 7 homes. I support their effort and applaud them. But I am very, very mad. My husband lost his job because of H1B visas and is making much less than half of what he did before, and my job is also in jeopardy now.

I don't see anyway out now. We are too old and close to retirement to retrain. The silver lining is I lost faith that our economy could sustain the job loss, the illegal invasion, and the visa debaucle, so I exited all mutual funds and holdings and had all of my retirement funds converted to CD's. I am only getting 3, 4 and 5 percent, but I am not losing anything, and obviously we are not in a position to take on any risk. My financial adviser just recently suggested that this would be a good time to re-invest in the market because it was down, but I refused with the two bozos running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    What jobs can we train for that will not be shipped overseas soon? I saw in the Atlanta Business Chronicle that $4 billion in legal fees was sent to India, and they saved $300 million. And not one mention that a foreign country reaps $4 billion in our revenue and our cheap and corrupt corporations only saved $300 million to betray our country.
    None. I remember arguing over email with several Indian computer programmers who would always say things like "get trained for future job growth in nanotechnology" but then the nanotechnology research also went to H1-Bs or overseas. They love to dangle a carrot and stick in front of us and then change the laws behind our backs because we are too distracted to get involved in understanding what the "alphabet soup" mess is all about. They think we will shut up when a lawyer yacks on and on about "converting an OPT to an F-1 and changing your status to an H1-B when an LCA is approved by the USCIS but you have to apply for new visa before you can enter the countryandthenyourvisahastoberestmpedbytheUSconsulateinanothercountrybecausethedeaprtmentof
    homelandsecuritynolonerprocessesthattypeofpaperwor kbut
    michaelchertoffisworkingonanewsensorbasedsecurityf ence
    butboeingdidntknwowhtattheyweref
    doingsowelost$172milliondollarsbut
    wepromisewewillsecuretheborderas
    longasyouletusgiveamnestyto
    20millionguestworkerso
    hbythewaydidwetellyout
    hatillegalaliensdothejobst
    hatamericanswontdothankyoufortime
    ImGeorgeBushand
    Iapprovedof
    this
    message"

Yawn! Yawn! Boring! Who cares! Why are these workers here? To displace Americans from their jobs? That's all I want to know. Yes or No. Shut up if you have nothing else to say. Do illegal gang members from Mexico kill American citzens? Yes or No. Answer now!!! I don't want to hear "...we clean your toilets so shut up Gringo." Doesn't work for me. Sorry.

All of our so called representatives have sold out to the highest bidder. I am convinced that the only way to get their attention is to shame them where they live - picket in front of their country club, their home, their church. Make them squirm for selling us out. I saw on Neil Cavuto that 100 people picketed in front of McCain's condo in VA demanding that he take in a family that lost their home to foreclosure since he has 7 homes. I support their effort and applaud them. But I am very, very mad. My husband lost his job because of H1B visas and is making much less than half of what he did before, and my job is also in jeopardy now.

I don't see anyway out now. We are too old and close to retirement to retrain. The silver lining is I lost faith that our economy could sustain the job loss, the illegal invasion, and the visa debaucle, so I exited all mutual funds and holdings and had all of my retirement funds converted to CD's. I am only getting 3, 4 and 5 percent, but I am not losing anything, and obviously we are not in a position to take on any risk. My financial adviser just recently suggested that this would be a good time to re-invest in the market because it was down, but I refused with the two bozos running for president.
    I think we are heading for some very rough times in this country. As you have pointed out the current government we have will only make things worse. It is a good time to make sure that you have a 'survival plan' in place once our government figures out the next step in opening this country to the entire third world. I will stop right there but it is sufficient to say that you and I are both in the same boat along with about 80 million other Americans who are now making less, or will make less, of what they made before and are expected to pay the taxes that go to give welfare to the poor of the third world.

My financial adviser just recently suggested that this would be a good time to re-invest in the market because it was down, but I refused with the two bozos running for president.
    I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin. I don't buy the argument that McCain is the lesser of two evils. He is stumping on the campaign trail about amnesty for illegals again.

Chuck Baldwin, also.