Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Did your senator sign????

I got this email today and thought I would share.

Last week, nine U.S. Senators wrote President Bush urging the Administration to do more to promote the Americanization of immigrants. The letter emphasized the need for stronger efforts to promote English language acquisition among immigrants. Specifically, the Senators urged the President to:

*Declare his support for making English the official language of the U.S. government

*Strengthen the English language component of the U.S. naturalization exam

*Rescind Executive Order 13166 which requires federal fund recipients, including almost all local and state agencies, to provide translation and interpreters for non-English speaking immigrants in their native language.

Please take a moment today to thank or express your dissatisfaction with your Senators depending on whether they signed their important letter. Click here http://capwiz.com/proenglish/issues/ale ... d=10374541 to find out whether your Senator signed the letter and to send them a message.

Sincerely,

Raegan Baker

To read the letter CLICK HERE: http://www.proenglish.org/news/Senators ... 20Bush.pdf

are you kiddidng? I have SPINlessSTIEN and BOXER

working4change
    No way. Mine are true OBL

April
    Mine did not sign either. I guess it is good we are letting them KNOW that we KNOW they did'nt!!!!

I didn't expect to see my traitors.
    Thanks for the link.

April
    You 're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    are you kiddidng? I have SPINlessSTIEN and BOXER
    Frankensteins staffer "Ben" told me that illegals carry more weight with the Senator than Citizens do. It isn't hopeless, I believe in Miracles and I think a lot of Californians are just about fed up with those two muppets.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Cayla said
    It isn't hopeless, I believe in Miracles

I believe in miracles also and I believe American citizens are fed up with the current situation. I believe people are starting to wake up and become more vocal. The illegal immigration problem has touched everyone in some way or another whether they care to acknowledge it openly or not.