Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Disclose Defeated for Now!!!!

September 23, 2010

Dear C4L Member,

We cut it extremely close, but thanks to your efforts, we prevailed in today’s Senate cloture vote on the DISCLOSE Act (or as it should be called, “the Establishment Protection Actâ€

This was some good news.

They are trying to get into these organizations and thereby getting lists of all people involved in these groups or organizations,like the NRA,NumbersUSA and AARP. All groups that collect donations and join together to fight legislation in Washinton. It is the voice of the people combined,since a "lone voice is NOT HEARD".

The Supreeme Court already made their decision on this and Obama did not like it as expressed in his State of the Union Message. They are trying to overturn the decision.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Yep and they will continue to try and get it through because it benefits them...

So it will be an on going battle..the Disclose and many other bills they are trying to get through.

What we need is when something is turned down more than once it needs to go away for good...

Kathye

And Reid actually voted no on this bill thus effectively killing it for the session, I believe.

Edit: He voted yes

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    And Reid actually voted no on this bill thus effectively killing it for the session, I believe.

So I guess we should pat him on the back...what a guy!!!!

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe

So I guess we should pat him on the back...what a guy!!!!

Kathyet
    Oops, I'm wrong.

He actually voted yes BUT there were only 59 yes votes and not 60 which were needed to pass the bill.

I'm actually surprised at this.

Did he not know that every Repub voted no?

But still, congrats to Reid for actually voting yes because if he'd voted no then that would allow him to revive the bill for another time.

welcome to ALIPAC Coulrophobe
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Reid voted Nay...he and his partners want to bring it up again...here is the list and how they all voted

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00238

For further review here is Reid's voting record this is from NumbersUSA

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/co ... tingrecord

Kathyet