Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Discouraging Illegal Immigration

It seems as though Bush and many other politicians believe that foreigners cannot be discouraged from migrating to the U.S. illegally unless we provide some type of guest worker program.

But why? Isn't that type of thinking one of the main problems with the liberals of today? It sounds exactly like the same old song and dance of "the U.S. government should pave a pathway for anyone and everyone else in this world to escape as much personal responsibility as possible."

People migrate to the U.S. illegally because we provide them with something they cannot find at home. It is as simple as that. STOP GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT! That's the only way to encourage them not to come here illegally.

We already have an immigration process in place. The reason it is not working is because we do not enforce it -not because we need to add to it or change it.

How about we document the people who come here illegally by making an example out of them by denying them any chance of citizenship for life?

Sound harsh?

I've seen people try to sneak into rock concerts. They are kicked out and sometimes arrested. There's no program set up for them to pay their way into the show. If your first step into a new place is an illegal one, you are proving by your own actions that you are not going to respect the rules because you have already shown disrespect.

When your child steals something from the store, how do you handle it? Do you pay for the item and set up a payment program for your child to work off the debt? Do you tell your child, "Maybe you could have had it if you asked, but since you stole, you will NEVER get it." I guess if you do not care about teaching your child morals and values, it does not really matter. But for the rest of us who care about the future... we want to show people the right way to handle situations and also what happens if they do things the wrong way.

I fancy a future where people caught migrating to the U.S. illegally are held accountable for their actions. They will pay for their crimes by taking these "jobs that Americans do not want" as a "community service" without pay (like many other processed criminals). Why not? They're hard workers. If my brothers and sisters who broke the law are forced to pick up trash on the side of the road without pay in exchange for staying out of jail, I believe my new brothers and sisters from foreign nations should be expected to follow the same rules once they arrive. If they do not like it, they do not have to come to our country waving a foreign flag, breaking our laws, and pissing in our faces with false claims of racism and inaccurate history.

Sad thing is we HAVE a program for that and they couldn't follow those rules either. They don't want any rules or limits. So HARSH? Not in the least. This is a thick headed bunch and logic and reason doesn't dent them. So may not be HARSH enough!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about we document the people who come here illegally by making an example out of them by denying them any chance of citizenship for life?
    badthingsman, I'm very impressed with everything you have said!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Sad thing is we HAVE a program for that and they couldn't follow those rules either. They don't want any rules or limits. So HARSH? Not in the least. This is a thick headed bunch and logic and reason doesn't dent them. So may not be HARSH enough!
    I'm talking about a "guest worker program" that detains illegal aliens and provides them with mandatory work without pay (money goes to fines, etc.) long enough to meet their date of deportation.

This plan would:

-Actually help the economy by sending low wage money back into the circulation rather than back to Mexico and other foreign nations.

-Provide a means to detain illegal aliens until their date of deportation at no cost, since it pays for itself.

-Benefit many communities by providing much needed work in the U.S. that Americans do not want to do.

-Send a loud message across the world that U.S. borders are not a joke.

-Discourage people from illegally migrating because of the work without pay on top of losing the ONE chance to become citizens.

When can we start??
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!