I read a post on this site last week about a pro-illegal alien site that goes by MATT (Mexicans/Americans Talking Together). Being curious, and one who likes to stay up on what others are doing, I've been keeping and eye on their site.

Once a week MATT posts a new discussion topic. The one posted tonight is very upsetting for various reasons, and felt compelled to share it here with my thoughts on it.

THE THEAD:
MATT.org - Thank Goodness They’re Mexican! / Gracias a Dios son mexicanos > Discussions > matt.org

Mexican immigrants are good for the U.S. economy and society as a whole. And it’s not just because they do jobs that not enough Americans are unwilling or able to do.

Los inmigrantes mexicanos ayudan a la economía americana y a la sociedad en general. Y no solo porque hacen los trabajos que los americanos no están dispuestos a hacer.

1. First, sure we all notice no mention of the word illegal, but what struck me, was the new change in label. In previous talk on that site, those immigrating here illegal were referred to by the pro-illegal preferred tags/labels of undocumented immigrants, undocumented workers, or undocumented citizens. All misnomers meant to soften the American publics PERCEPTION of those in America illegally.

However, I am wondering if they are getting bolder here...it is very disturbing to see these illegals referred to as Mexican Immigrants, as if MATT wants us to start percieving those illegals from Mexico as simply immigrants, already legal. Secondly, by making the article only about Mexican Immigrants, it seems as if the author of the thread is wanting to separate out Mexicans from Latino's, which would fall in line with the Mexican governments belief that Americans should give special treatment to any one from Mexico wanting to come to America, would fall into line with the legislation introduced by the Florida Congresswoman that calls for Canadian and America troops and dollars in securing Mexico's Southern Border.

This organization was formed by Mr. Sosa, a Mexican American with very strong ties to the Bush White House, and who worked intimately to get George W. Bush elected in both 2000 and 2004 and who delivered a very interesting speech about the plan he laid out for Bush and the Republicans to win the Latino vote....has Mr. Sosa inadvertently let a cat out of the bag in the way he began this post?

2. He claims Mexican Immigrants (avoiding the tag of illegal, even though the basic premise of the site where said post is located states we should be looking to work together to find SOLUTIONS to deal with the 12-15 million illegals now in America.) are good for economy and our society. I would think MATT would have provided some PROOF to back up such a claim?

3. He then goes on to talk about Mexican workers, and how they are doing jobs that some Americans will not or are unable to do.

A) Words are important...notice the change, and admission though
grudgingly that SOME Americans are doing these jobs.
B) However, they have added what I find an insulting addition to the
often stated argument that illegals are doing work we are to proud to
do! WE ARE UNABLE TO DO!

It was this last little section that in some way infers some of us as being feeble that made me decide I needed to share this.